Product Manager (m/f) // HomeToGo GmbH
HomeToGo (www.hometogo.com) is the world’s leading search engine for vacation rentals. With over $29M in funding to date, we have grown to more than 70 employees and now offer over 7 million properties in 200+ countries across the world. Recently, HomeToGo was ranked 7th best employer in Berlin on kununu.
Currently, we are looking for a Product Manager (m/f) for our Product Department. This position will be based in our headquarter office in Berlin.
What this job is about:
As a Product Manager at HomeToGo, you will take ownership of one or more products helping vacation rental seekers. However, you have no authority over your teammates (such as software engineers and marketers), so you will have to influence others to follow your vision. You will be empowered to set ambitious goals for your product and team. Your goals will not be easy to achieve; they should inspire and motivate the team to think big. You will not be evaluated based on whether you meet the goal, but based on whether you deliver significant impact and meet or exceed the expectations of a good Product Manager.
You will work closely with the development team on a daily basis. You will define requirements and analyze tests with their input. You will do data analysis yourself, whether it”’s doing queries in Kibana, building dashboards in Tableau, or using in-house tools for analyzing data. You will constantly create hypotheses for improving your product, test them, and learn from the results.
Our product development philosophy is similar to the Lean Startup philosophy. You will create MVPs, prototypes, simple tests to validate ideas and iterate. You will NOT be an armchair Product Manager writing large PRDs and handing them off to the development team. You will wear many hats and constantly learn new things on the job. You will be surrounded by smart, dedicated, nice people.
In short, your tasks will include:
- Build products that help people find and book vacation rentals.
- Create simple solutions.
- Validate ideas by performing experiments and analyzing the results. Make data-driven decisions.
- Define product goals and metrics, Identify and prioritize opportunities.
- Communicate well and influence colleagues and executives.
- Demonstrate leadership and gain respect across functions/teams.
- Make people around you more effective and productive
- Attention to detail
- Get Things Done and Don’t Waste People’s Time.
What you will get:
- Freedom and autonomy to solve tough problems in elegant ways from day one
- An international, fast-paced environment with fun colleagues from all over the world
- Top of the line equipment incl. height adjustable desks
- We keep you up & healthy: free coffee, fresh fruits & yoga classes
- Free German lessons
How to apply:
If this sounds like the challenge you’ve been waiting for – apply with your resume and portfolio and we’ll be in touch shortly!
Answer the following question In the Message section of your application: Based on what you know about HomeToGo, what is the most impactful change/addition you would make? How would you determine if your change/addition is impactful?
We value attention to detail. Applications that fail to follow these simple steps will not be considered.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
- 5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →
- Nicolas Dolenc gives us a sneak preview of Slush 2016
If you partied with us at TOA, you’ll know that Jobspotting and Slush have a special connection. With this year’s Slush conference just around the corner, we spoke to its President and Executive Producer about ... Read more →