Product Manager (m/f) Library Admin Portal // Springer Science+Business Media Deutschland GmbH
Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
Exciting IT challenges at an academic publisher?
Where else but here: at Springer Nature!
In the context of our digital strategies, in Berlin, we develop new software and optimise our global platforms (e.g. springernature.com, nature.com, springermedizin.de, palgrave.com). Together with colleagues in London, Pune and New York we work to ensure that our customers enjoy access to individual content – every day and from anywhere in the world. Our working philosophy is agile and highly motivated – with the atmosphere and culture of a start-up, embedded in a vital and dynamic, global publishing group.
The two sides of your job: between daily thrills and a healthy work-life balance
One of our most important relationships is the one with the big research libraries. Currently, we are tackling their needs with different systems, websites (for example www.springer.com/gb/librarians) and processes. In this position, you will have a challenging environment, while keeping the needs and interests of the user at the heart of your considerations. Your main challenge is to check what we got and make it even smarter. You’ll use cutting-edge technology to create applications that simply blow our customers away. And nevertheless, at the end of the day you’ll be home in time for dinner!
Are you motivated and a Product Manager? Then you could play the lead role in our team and…
- be responsible for the day-to-day management of the product
- define and champion the vision for the product and how it fits into the rest of Springer Nature
- develop and prioritise user and business requirements based on market analysis, user testing and analytics
- work daily alongside developers, UX designers and others to create and refine the product
- collaborate with colleagues in other teams and departments across Springer Nature to ensure that initiatives represent business needs and that we offer a consistent user experience across our product portfolio
- maintain high-level plans and provide regular updates on progress to management and other stakeholders
- serve as the key spokesperson for the products being managed, clearly and convincingly communicate the aims of the products to customers and colleagues
- work with colleagues and stakeholders across the company to understand user needs and create a unified and streamlined customer experience for our clients, transforming this important area of our business.
If you’re fluent in English and have experience in a similar role, we might be a perfect fit!
Success in three simple steps:
- If your CV looks promising, we’ll contact you for a short telephone call – that will give you a chance to learn more about who we are, and we’ll get an impression of your motivation
- We’ll then send you a test that you can complete in your own time
- Lastly, there will be an in-person interview on site – where you’ll get to know your future colleagues, the working atmosphere and Springer Nature’s projects
Working Hours: Full-time
Company and Location: Springer Science+Business Media, Berlin
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes
- Varied and interesting tasks
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies
- A good work life balance with fair working hours + a generous and flexible vacation package
- Discounted public transport
- Discounted book prices
- An excellent on-site cafeteria
Want to learn more about who we are and how we do business? Then apply today!
To find out more information about our organization please take a look at www.springer.com and springernature.com.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
- 5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →
- Nicolas Dolenc gives us a sneak preview of Slush 2016
If you partied with us at TOA, you’ll know that Jobspotting and Slush have a special connection. With this year’s Slush conference just around the corner, we spoke to its President and Executive Producer about ... Read more →