Mobile Product Manager // Babbel
Founded in 2007, Babbel is the world’s top-grossing and most effective language-learning app. No small feat, and no small challenge. In a moment rife with talk of walls, we’re building bridges — making the language-learning journey as exciting and empowering as possible, helping people forge new connections and participate in worlds bigger than their own. We do things that matter. And foremost, we make people speak their new language as they’ve always wanted to. Come work with us.
There’s still so much to do.
Babbel is at the center of a language learning revolution. We defined the market for online language learning, and we’re about to embark on an exciting new journey to change the way people learn. If you’ve got a passion for Education and for designing truly outstanding learning products, we want to hear from you. You’ll be an integral part of an interdisciplinary, international team with the opportunity to work on a variety of projects from learning through games to shaping habit change. In return, we offer fantastic opportunities to learn and evolve within a dynamic and fast-growing startup. And, of course, you’ll be working on a product that improves the lives of millions of people. This is a full time role, based in the heart of buzzing Berlin.
We are looking for a Product Manager – Mobile Learning to start immediately in our office in Berlin, Germany!
- Be responsible for safeguarding, creating, and delivering an amazing learning experience
- Drive a user-centred design based on clear KPIs and data.
- Lead the ideation and launch of innovative learning features and products through hands-on collaboration in cross-functional teams that include internal and external developers, designers, user researchers, analysts, didactics experts, and marketers in an agile environment
- Create buy-in on priorities and deliverables with stakeholders, including pitching product concepts and presenting progress/results to C-level executives
- Prototype and test new features / products that capitalize on market opportunities as well as define go-to-market strategy for minimum viable products in partnership with marketing and business development while upholding the best use of educational technology methodologies and approaches
- Translate product strategy into flexible user stories and/or prototypes so that engineering teams can deliver working software fast
- Measure, monitor and analyze metrics to optimize existing features and to learn from minimum viable features / products
- Develop not only features but also new products using market analysis, competitive benchmarking, and business cases to make a difference in the learning of users, as well as impacting revenue and return on investment
- Support senior product managers in creating and executing on cross-platform product strategy and vision that solve real problems for our learners in ways that meet business needs
- Develop and execute a product strategy and vision, aligned to company goals and commercial strategy, to deliver a product portfolio that is recognized as best in the industry
You have experience in:
- 5+ years’ experience working as a Product Manager for a consumer facing application. Some of this experience must be managing native mobile applications
- Success in managing a product in all lifecycle stages – from conception through to launch
- Strong analytical skills; ability to determine the right metrics to measure and turn data into insight
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player; ability to interface and build relationships at all levels within the organization
- Confident presenter who can drive results and obtain stakeholder buy-in
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills with an ability to thrive in an environment where success depends on a high degree of cross-functional collaboration
- A university degree, e.g. in Business Administration or Computer Science
- an ownership mentality, entrepreneurial drive, and proven ability to persuade your colleagues that what they are investing their time, money, and careers in will be successful
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, fluent English is a prerequisite, second language is a plus.
- Worked in education or edtech
- Experience in an EdTech company or Linguistics background is a PLUS
- A professional product person who is passionate about your project, and knows when to apply attention to detail, when to make raw prototypes quickly, and when to consult experts
- Data driven
- Excited about solving learning problems which have never been solved through analytical thinking as well as customer empathy
- Eager to innovate and learn continuously through rapid testing
- We’re driven by a bold challenge
- We solve meaningful problems – at scale.
- Diversity and difference are our strengths; lifelong learning is our life’s blood
- Work within a high-performing team at Babbel.
- Tackle a steep learning-curve – personally and professionally.
- Work in a challenging environment and where you’re expected to bring your game face
- Take advantage of a lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours.
- Draw from a vibrant international company with people from over 50 different nationalities.
- We offer great company benefits (high-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks).
Sounds good? We are already looking forward hearing from you! Check out our jobs page, our blog, and our techblog!
Questions about a career at Babbel? Contact us! +49 (0) 151 2051 6139 or get in touch with Tamara Menéndez (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.