Senior IT BA Analyst – Agile // Springer Nature
We build our software incrementally, iteratively, and continuously, so you’ll be able to see new work go live to over four million visitors around the globe every week. Our flavour of agile has been heavily influenced by XP and Kanban, and if something isn’t working, we change it.
Our work delivers value to both the business and our customers, our teams are cross-discipline: business analysts and the user experience team work with stakeholders to coordinate research and understand requirements, whilst our frontend developers and software engineers pair with quality analysts to develop the most robust solutions, and our platform engineers work across the organisation to ensure our infrastructure never lets us down.
We generally follow a mix of agile and lean practices with an overall philosophy towards continuous delivery. We’ll rely on each and everyone´s expertise to adapt and improve these processes to serve the team, project and company as best fits their current contexts.
- Work with stakeholders to understand our goals & vision, and identify business needs
- Pair with quality analysts and user experience designers to write stories that are clear, concise and comprehensible
- Communicate to the development team how the requirements are aligned with the business needs and “big picture” goals and vision
- Collaborate and provide business analysis support to the product owner, business sponsors, SMEs and testers during development
- Identify and resolve issues with missing stories and conflicting requirements
- Unearth the root cause(s) of pain points, and validate business opportunities and problems
- Map, analyse and validate information flows within a complex organisational setting
- Analyse and capture processes in order to replicate, optimise or re-engineer (recognise pain-points, duplication or repetition and provide recommendation to eliminate).
- Facilitate workshops with a range of stakeholders in the business
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience of working successfully with teams to deliver software
- Experience prioritizing competing demands and obtaining buy-in from stakeholders
- Proven experience and the ability to manage and resolve conflict with stakeholders
- Strong communication skills and facilitation experience
- Ability to understand and explain issues from both a technical and a business point of view
- Proven examples of using initiative and creativity to achieve project milestones
- Experience of being able to challenge and influence decisions
- Highly detail orientated
- Demonstrable experience of solving complex problems/issues
- Degree educated (in a relevant discipline) or equivalent experience
- Have worked with a range of Agile delivery methodologies
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes
- Varied and interesting tasks
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies
- A good work life balance with fair working hours + a generous and flexible vacation package
- Discounted public transport
- Discounted book prices
- An excellent on-site cafeteria
Working Hours: Full-time
Company and Location: Springer Science + Business Media Deutschland GmbH, Berlin
Excited by the prospect of joining us? We are looking forward to your online application in English!
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →