Senior Product Manager (m/f/d) // ResearchGate
At ResearchGate, we’re helping scientists and researchers accelerate scientific progress – and we’re looking for talented product managers to help us do this.
Working at ResearchGate offers you the chance to use your knowledge and technical expertise to make science happen in a better way, and you’ll be doing it as part of a hard-working, passionate team that hails from all over the globe. Come join us, and make an immediate impact.
Objective of the role
Are you great at building products but have only been able to build ones that have no real impact? Do you want to use your skills and experience to do something great? The product manager position at ResearchGate offers the opportunity to have a direct influence on one of the most important problems there is; improving the efficiency of science.
We are looking for ambitious, rising stars in product. You must be data-driven, an excellent communicator, possess excellent UX skills and most of all believe in our mission.
- Assume ownership and responsibility for your product area and continuously improve it
- Define, develop, and execute a clear product strategy together with other product leaders
- Achieve product objectives by definition, development and implementation of product initiatives as part of an objective-driven framework
- Work with data to generate valuable insights that help shape product development decisions
- Define, track and analyze KPIs that inform the success rate of product development
- Cooperate and coordinate with relevant stakeholders (Software development, Design, Copywriting, Management and Sales/Monetization) to achieve collective objectives
- Lead highly skilled cross-functional software development teams in an agile development process
- Evaluate new technologies and processes, as well as their optimization
- Iterate on product development by constantly analyzing user behaviour through A/B tests and experiments
- Formulate and coordinate the implementation of new technical functions for products and product components on our platform
- 5+ years’ experience building consumer-facing products
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to define problems, collect & analyze data and generate valuable insights (SQL knowledge a plus)
- Experience with data-driven product development
- Excellent UX and product instincts honed through years of experience
- Expert knowledge in defining, analyzing, and responding to product KPIs
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Motivation to mentor and coach fellow product managers
- Experience with agile product-development processes
- Very good command of English required, German is a plus
- You are an optimist and like working on hard problems
- You’re a driven self-learner constantly looking to learn and improve
- You enjoy working with great people in a fast-paced environment
- You understand our mission and want to help us achieve it
You’ll be working in a dynamic company culture with the possibility to individually shape your own professional development and growth. Enjoy an energetic and international team who are passionate about changing science for the better.
Our hiring process is uncomplicated. You’ll be interviewed by the people you’ll be working with, so you can quickly find the role that suits you best and start making an impact.
We’re located at the heart of Berlin, one of the most exciting cities in the world and a place where people from all walks of life feel welcome.