Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning and Recommender Systems (m/f/d) // HomeToGo
HomeToGo is the world’s largest vacation rental search engine, helping millions of users around the world book their dream vacation in over 200 countries. Behind our product, is a talented team of 150+ dedicated to helping people find the perfect vacation rental, whether a cozy cabin in Colorado or a dog-friendly beach house in Ibiza. Driven by our innovative and open culture, our international team brings together our passion for travel and technology to change the way people book vacations.
Ranked by Gründerszene magazine as Germany’s fastest growing start-up, we’re now searching for the best and brightest talents to join us on our journey.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning and Recommender Systems (m/f/d) to bring high-quality personalized travel recommendations to our users. This is a great opportunity to work on two exciting areas at the same time, machine-learning and travel:
- We have the necessary data and scale to feed our models and make investments into bleeding edge technology, such as Deep Learning and Reinforcement Learning.
- We can A/B test all major improvements to maximise our learning.
- You can experience our product yourself – travel recommendations!
- Drive impact on a global scale – we operate in 17 markets and leverage the largest in the world offer set – 18M offers in 200+ countries.
In this role, you will
- Identify business and product opportunities and align stakeholders, including C-level, on which opportunities to tackle next.
- Drive the product roadmap for recommendation systems to generate business value and help users find and book their dream vacations.
- Improve user experience and business results by seeking and integrating new sources of signal about our users and inventory into machine learning models.
- Devise new ways to communicate to our users why our offers are the most relevant and attractive.
- Work with a talented team of data scientists and developers to translate business needs into an amazing search experience.
What you’ll bring
- Hands-on Product Management experience, with a proven ability to identify user pain points and drive innovative solutions.
- A demonstrable track record in data science, machine learning, or data products.
- Strong communication and leadership skills to align multiple stakeholders around machine learning business opportunities.
- Experience building search, ranking, and recommender systems is a plus.
- Experience coaching junior product managers is a plus.
What we offer
- Attractive salaries.
- Regular feedback and development via 1:1 meetings, 360 feedback, and performance reviews.
- A diverse team of more than 26 different nationalities.
- In-house English and German courses.
- A growing library and employee-led workshops.
- A choice of Windows or Mac, adjustable standing desks, free fruit, weekly yoga classes, and company breakfasts.
- Frequent company and team events, Beer Fridays, lunch roulettes, and regular charity initiatives.
- Check out what your future colleagues have said about us on Glassdoor and Kununu!
If this sounds like the challenge you’ve been waiting for, please apply with your resume and a cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit, and we’ll be in touch shortly!