Senior Product Manager – Search Experience (m/f) // Wayfair GmbH
So you’re a product manager.
You have experience, you’ve built great products, you’ve worked with bright analysts, data scientists & engineers – but you’ve always felt there’s something missing? How about some really hard problems – combining your skills in product management with a love for language, semantics & a sharp analytical mind.
Step inside. Welcome to Wayfair.
As a Senior Product Manager for Search Experience, you will be defining the future of Wayfair’s Search experience, working with an incredible team of product managers, engineers and data scientists across two continents to sharpen and iterate on your ideas.
You will be managing the design/build/test/release process end-to-end. More specifically you will:
- Identify, analyze and prioritize new site features based on thorough analysis of data and customer needs. You’ll understand that users want to experience searching our site like talking to a skilled sales clerk in a store – not like interacting with a parser.
- At the same time, you can translate these user interests and behaviors into suggestions, algorithms & tech requirements for our search tech engineers.
- You’ll design data-driven features & optimize the end-to-end search experience making it an intuitive and elegant part of the way our millions of users find the products they love. Always having the end user in mind, who is “just looking” for THAT ONE black couch…
- You’ll focus on the end-to-end user experience of search on Wayfair, working closely with front end engineers and designers, as well as the search tech engineers, to connect people with the products they love.
- As a member of this team, you will be focused on projects related to: search theory, product classifiers, natural language parsing, translation and internationalization, autocomplete, mobile, spelling errors, synonyms, refinements, page quality.
- You will especially be focused on these projects with the German language in mind. We’re looking to you to tackle language and cultural specific problems for stemming, shorthand, and other ways to build a search engine for the German language.
- If you love this type of work, pride yourself on learning, strive for product perfection but love to release and iterate & you are interested in building the next generation of search for the largest home goods e-commerce company in Europe and beyond, apply and come join our team..
- Bachelor MSc in a related quantitative role or science field strongly recommended: Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Mathematics, Computer Engineering, Economics, Physics or equivalent.
- 2+ years of industry experiencing with a proven track record of delivering search solutions – or the fastest learner ever with experience in a highly analytical, high-performance environment
- Native level German speaker, same level in French is a huge plus
- Deep Knowledge of German culture (having lived in Germany for an extended period is a huge plus!)
- Ability and experience in analyzing large data sets and develop insights that will improve our software and the customer experience
- The ability to be a self-starter and take ownership of projects from start to finish
- A strong desire to learn and use new technologies and a passion for making Search great
- Cross functional leadership experience
- Comfortable working in an agile development environment
- A plus: Job experience with companies which leveraged the following technologies: Solr/Elastic Search, Lucene, Python, SQL, Hadoop, Big Data, Hive
- A plus: Knowledge of search theory, search methods, query understanding, named entity recognition, word-sense disambiguation, language modeling, parsing, syntax trees, dependency graphs.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to translate complex technical solutions into terms non-technical people can understand
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Of course the usual competitive salary, bonus and we share the company with you in stock units
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership not only in the Berlin office, but also with Boston, London and Galway
- We offer a vast selection of classes through our learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development.
- We want you to connect with your team and fellow colleagues through regular social events
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source making modern design more accessible
- DwellStudio, a design house with a decidedly modern vibe
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.14 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
- 5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →
- Nicolas Dolenc gives us a sneak preview of Slush 2016
If you partied with us at TOA, you’ll know that Jobspotting and Slush have a special connection. With this year’s Slush conference just around the corner, we spoke to its President and Executive Producer about ... Read more →