Join an international team of experienced designers and engineers in Berlin Mitte.
About Project Zeta
We are an early-stage software product company with a desire to create beautiful applications across different device platforms, supported by scalable web services and big data. We are well-funded and have around 20 experienced designers and engineers working on something that we think will be very significant.
We are looking for someone to help us manage the product development process. The primary goal is to provide the teams with clarity on what needs to be done, by when it needs to be done, and to ensure that execution runs smoothly. In this role you will work as part of the product- and design teams. You will be responsible for managing product priorities, communicating these to the teams and ensuring that the teams execute and deliver high quality work based on these priorities.
What needs to be done
- Review product roadmap, long-term priorities and progress on a weekly basis with product management and set short-term priorities for design- and development teams accordingly
- Lead product review- and release planning sessions, which includes scope negotiation and communication of priorities, expected deliverables and release criteria to the teams
- Manage master product backlog
- Risk assessment and management (identify dependencies and risks and solutions for dealing with these)
- Define and communicate meeting agendas and follow up on action points
- Identify and implement process improvements
What we require from you
- Excellent communication skills (English) and organisational skills
- Extremely structured, independent and self-initiating
- Experience in managing complex software development projects where design- and engineering teams need to work together as a single team
- Experience leading multiple projects through at least one full product development cycle
- Experience with agile software development processes and corresponding tools to manage these
- Passionate about design and technology, but able to step back and be content-agnostic when it’s needed
- A good facilitator and able to lead multidisciplinary teams through complex discussions and challenging situations
- A Masters degree in Computer Science or a related discipline is preferred
- 5-10 years of experience in managing software development programs is preferred
- Real-world experience in other software-related fields such as hands-on user interface design, software engineering, etc. is highly desired as is experience in the field of human-computer interaction
This will be a full-time position in our office in Berlin Mitte and we would like to find someone to start as soon as possible. If you are interested please send us a note with your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org, we’d love to hear from you.