Smart Scientist (m/f/d) // ResearchGate
The web was created by scientists and for scientists, to foster scientific collaboration and drive progress for a better world. Join our team to take the web back to its roots and achieve that original mission.
We’re a team of passionate optimists from around the world and from many different backgrounds. Together, we focus on changing the way scientists communicate for the better.
We connect the world of science and make research open to all.
- Take ownership for processes at the interface between product and analytics (as opposed to “pure” data science/machine learning)
- Use data to identify, prioritize and answer questions essential to the product development process
- Generate actionable insights about the needs of reserachers via funnel and cohort analyses, exploratory data analyses and statistical models
- Test hypotheses about our users’ behavior by designing, monitoring and evaluating online product experiments
- Support data-informed decision making by defining, implementing and monitoring key metrics (e.g. in dashboards)
- A degree in a life sciences field or another quantitative discipline
- Work experience in a research environment
- A numbers-driven analytical approach
- Familiarity with problems that fellow scientists face in their daily work
- Experience with statistical programming languages (SQL, Python, R) is a plus
- You love to work with data as much as you enjoy communicating your findings to an interested audience
- You want to find ways to help scientist work more efficiently and improve scientific communication
- You know that results come from great people working together around meaningful ideas and you believe you can lead a team to finish projects
- You understand our mission and want to help us achieve it
You’ll be working in a dynamic company culture with the possibility to individually shape your own professional development and growth. Enjoy an energetic, ambitious and international team who are passionate about changing science for the better.
Our hiring process is straightforward. You’ll be interviewed by the people you’ll be working with, so you can quickly find the role that suits you best and start making an impact.
We’re located at the heart of Berlin, one of the most exciting cities in the world and a place where people from all walks of life feel welcome.