Technical Product Manager (AWS) // Babbel
Whether on the go, in the subway or at home on the sofa, Babbel supports those who enjoy learning outside of work or school. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app based language learning. In total, Babbel offers 14 learning languages, from English to Indonesian. Professional courses are readily available via the Babbel website as well as on your smartphone or tablet. At Babbel, more than 500 team members from over 42 different countries work hard to set standards for creating a new learning experience. We’re about to embark on an exciting new journey to change the way people learn languages!
Our platform and infrastructure teams provide the core product platform as well as core AWS-based infrastructure to all other delivery teams within Babbel.
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager (AWS) to join our Team in Berlin!
In your role as technical product manager, you will work with the platform and infrastructure teams to prepare and deliver a wide range of technical initiatives as well as manage the daily business. In addition, you will help drive the evolution of the platform itself collaborating with a variety of stakeholders.
- Communicative and Collaborative
- Driven, pragmatic, with action bias and can-do attitude
- Proven experience (>3 years) in technical environments
- Experience as a product owner or product manager in technical teams
- More than 2 years experience in AWS infrastructure(s)
- Drive for simple and sustainable solutions and in love with lean and agile methodologies
- Fluent in verbal and written English skills
- Experience in driving cross-platform projects (mobile, web, backend) and cloud-based projects
Nice to have:
- Engineering background
- Experience with REST, Jira and Confluence
- Experience with B2B projects
You will be:
- Supporting the senior technical product owner and further taking on one or two teams as PM
- Managing projects with external agencies and partners
- Collaborating heavily with engineers in defining initiatives and solutions
- Driving technical projects across a wide range of initiatives and coordinate with other product managers
- Driving technical product platform evolvement based on product and platform strategy
- Providing a clear view of initiatives scope, progress and results including architectural changes for both operational as well as management
- Changing scenarios and setups if needed and clarifying technical issues across the team
- Possibly mentoring future junior colleagues and engineers in technical product management
- Work within a high-performing team at Babbel.
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally.
- A challenging environment and a lot of responsibility to prove your skills.
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours.
- A vibrant international company with people from over 42 different nationalities.
- Great company benefits (high-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks).
Sounds good? We are already looking forward hearing from you! Check out alsoour jobs page, our blog and our techblog to get an impression about#lifeatbabbel!