Technical Product Owner – Platform Engineering (m/f) // HelloFresh
At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 5 years we’ve seen this mission spread beyond our wildest dreams. So, how did we do it? Our weekly recipe boxes full of exciting recipes and lovingly sourced, fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of inspired, energised home cooks that expands across the globe. We’re now active and growing in 9 different countries in 3 continents.
Our story started in Berlin. As Europe’s tech hub, and the home of our global headquarters, it’s a dynamic, progressive environment where innovation is nurtured and promoted. Since we started, we’ve worked exceptionally hard and we’ve received more than US$ 300 million in investment which together have allowed us to create an award winning product and become one of the top 3 largest companies to come out of Europe over the past 4 years.
As a member of HelloTech you’ll be exposed to a modern technology stack and a slick cross functional agile team setup. We have developed a refined product and provide scalability on a global level. Join our HelloTech team and help us to build a fresh food global champion!
HelloFresh is looking for a Technical Product Owner (TPO) to help build the right infrastructure products, tools, or services that are needed to continue our journey of hyper-growth. As a TPO in the larger Platform Engineering organization you will focus on enabling feature teams to build secure and scalable services efficiently, and you will own a number of metrics related to the stability and scalability of our systems, as well as developer productivity.
About the job:
- Along with the Platform Product Manager, holds the vision for their team and communicates the vision across the organization.
- Builds a technology roadmap in conjunction with Tech Leads, and Product Managers.
- Responsible for defining and prioritizing Epics, User Stories, and Acceptance Criteria.
- Responsible for tracking and providing visibility to stakeholders into team’s progress and impact on the timeline of delivery during sprints and cycles.
- Partners with engineers in defining initiatives and solutions, and resolving scope-related trade-offs.
- Provides visibility into risks and works with stakeholders to resolve them.
- Facilitates daily stand-ups, sprint planning, sprint review meetings, team retrospectives and participates in organization level retrospectives.
- Document new features for implementation and release notes
- Manages daily metrics and KPIs to drive decision making
- Possibly mentor future junior colleagues and engineers in technical product management
Who we’re looking for:
- Proven experience (~3 years) in managing technical projects
- Drive for simple and sustainable solutions
- Skilled communicator: can distill complex ideas to make them universally understandable, have attention to detail and be willing to explain to others.
- Driver, pragmatic, with action bias and can-do attitude
- Ability to write technical requirements, develop business models and define support requirements and processes.
- Experience working in an agile environment while identifying and maintaining customer needs.
- Strong technical background, understanding of tools and protocols for building software and applications.
- Experience in distributed system architectures (Microservices architecture, REST APIs)
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Makes decisions based on rational reasoning and data vs. emotional thinking. Eg. prioritize tasks on actual impact.
- Ability to identify risks and make them quickly visible to support a transparent and highly collaborative environment.
- Preferred: Experience as a software engineer or other relevant engineering background.
What we offer
- You take responsibility from Day 1
- You work in a dynamic environment
- We offer an agile work environment, latest technology and ample opportunities to implement your own ideas
- We work from a modern office in the heart of Berlin
- A competitive salary for the startup job market
- Autonomy and support to implement processes and strategies as you find convenient
Are you up for a challenge?
Please submit your complete application here: https://www.hellofresh.de/careers/listings/882689?country=de