Account Manager – Business Development with fluent German (m/f) // Wayfair GmbH
We are looking for a talented Account Manager to help us profitably grow our business in Germany and the UK.
In this role, you will work with external partners and internal cross-functional teams to advance your category’s business agenda. You will have true ownership over a large group of suppliers across categories that have a material impact to the business.
You will negotiate favorable business terms on costs of goods sold (drop-ship and stocking), seek alternative product sourcing strategies to drive better product economics, develop and manage supplier relationships, drive results and own the business/financial analytics for your suppliers.
- Manage a large portfolio of suppliers within Category
- Drive strategic supplier relationship management
- Sales and activity analysis
- Execute high volume of negotiations with existing suppliers including everyday pricing, annual incentive programs, advertising programs and promotions
- Conduct regular meetings and calls with suppliers to review the business and advance Wayfair business goals
- Travel to trade shows with Category Manager and Director of Category Management (4-6 trips per year)
- Analyze data to strategize profit growth opportunities for the category and suppliers
- Plan promotions and marketing programs with your suppliers.
- Advance catalogue expansion, including identifying selection gaps, prioritizing new line queue and building direct relationships with key suppliers to bring on board
- Analyze competitors’ marketing, selection and pricing and make strategic changes and product scouting as needed
- Identify merchandising opportunities for your category and collaborate with central merchandising to strategize and prioritize as needed
- Collaborate across departments to drive category goals (Inventory Planning, Advertising, Site Merchandising, Supplier Operations, PR, Customer Service, Business Intelligence)
- Several years experience (ideally from a similar industry)
- Graduate from a business related degree
- A strong desire to win and drive independent collaboration with relative cross-functional teams/individuals
- Hungry to produce and execute against an array of initiatives
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Fluent in German and English
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Creative and innovative problem-solving skills – dissect and determine root cause of problems and implement solutions
- A competitive salary and bonus that come along with a unique work life balance
- A company culture driven by pioneer-thinking and talent that crosses departments and hierarchies
- Great mentors and career development opportunities through our learn@work program
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- Of course fresh fruits, snacks & drinks every day!
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
- Let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points with a superior customer service and inspiring interior topics. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Always committed to using technology to create a superior shopping experience, Wayfair developed Wayfair Next which concentrates on 3D visualization technology.
Wayfair generated $3.14 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
- 5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →
- Nicolas Dolenc gives us a sneak preview of Slush 2016
If you partied with us at TOA, you’ll know that Jobspotting and Slush have a special connection. With this year’s Slush conference just around the corner, we spoke to its President and Executive Producer about ... Read more →