Accountant, Europe // Marley Spoon
Marley Spoon is the new way to cook. Bringing delightful, market fresh and easy cooking back to the people while building a sustainable supply chain for a waste-free world.
We deliver top quality fresh ingredients, in the exact quantities required, with chef-designed easy-to-cook recipes, to thousands of households across the globe. We currently service US, EU, and Australia with three brands – Marley Spoon, Martha & Marley Spoon, and Dinnerly. Marley Spoon simplifies weeknight cooking and helps busy people skip the supermarket.
But in the end it’s simple: We started Marley Spoon because we love cooking and we love eating!
The Finance Team at Marley Spoon is growing, with a mission to support our management with the best available financial information and provide accurate analyses of our fast-changing markets. We’re looking for an exceptional Accountant for our European markets!
What you’ll do
- Responsibility for financial accounting transactions
- Coordinate and monitor the Accounts Payable processes
- Participate in the annual local statutory and IFRS audits
- Assist in the implementation of our ERP system
- Support monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting to ensure compliance with applicable accounting policies
Who we believe can excel in this role
- University degree in Accounting and/or Finance or similar qualification
- 3+ years of practical financial accounting experience
- Proven knowledge of the Dutch and/or German local accounting regulations
- Highly organised, with affinity for numbers
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Fluent in English, and Dutch or German
Good to have
- CPA track (certified public accountant or similar credit)
- International experience is a plus
What’s in it for you
- The opportunity to actively shape the vision and direction of Finance at Marley Spoon
- The challenge of working in one of the fastest growing start-ups in Europe
- Monthly inspiration sessions and fun events
- Our meal kit, free and delivered home for you to try!
- Test kitchen in the office – you get to try our recipes first!
- An open, diverse and respectful culture with over 50 nationalities
- Participate in Marley Spoon’s success with an outstanding employee share program
Love the sound of the position, but don’t think you’re the ideal candidate? Please apply! At Marley Spoon we value learning and growth.
We have worked hard to build a diverse team of inspiring and passionate people. We encourage people of all genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientation to apply!