Business Development Executive // Tala
Tala is a young British lighting brand with a mission to create exquisite products that have a positive impact. Guided by our ethos of “Conservation Through Beauty,” Tala’s aim is to contribute to the low carbon economy through thoughtful product design and transparent practices. Tala is more than a lighting company; it is a community of like-minded individuals grounded in a culture of sustainability through design excellence.
- LOCATION: Germany
- SALARY: Salary dependent on experience + commission and benefits
- HOLIDAY: 25 days
We are looking for a multilingual, ambitious, well-managed and entrepreneurial individual to drive the growth of our agency and distribution sales in Northern Europe. This role will require actively building and developing relationships with retailers, showrooms and interior designers. You will also be responsible for distributors, agencies, direct clients and buyers which will include lighting designers, architects and consultants. The ideal candidate will be someone with the right experience who is highly proactive, shares our ethos, and is able to hit the ground running.
This role will include, but not be limited to:
- Working with our European Sales Manager to execute on our strategy in the region.
- Managing key distributor and agency accounts to maximize growth and revenue
- Developing and maintaining key relationships with new and existing retail and specification customers
- Identifying, sourcing and on-boarding new agencies and distributorships in relevant markets
- Client negotiation and creatively approaching problems
- Planning and delivering product training
- Organising and attending sales related events
- Maintaining CRM tools, account maps and client base
- Managing projects through all stages to completion
- Delivering a structured business plan for your respective territory
- Providing accurate sales forecasts and pipelines for each agency and distributorship
- Working closely and collaboratively with other teams to communicate sales information
- Working as a brand ambassador in Northern Europe
- Must be able to speak German and English
- Business development or account management experience
- Commercially-minded and able to develop accounts through strong relationships
- Robust communication and presentation skills
- Ability to strategize high-level while maintaining a focus on processual details
- An independent worker able to think for themselves whilst collaborating with other teams
- Pipeline management and CRM experience
- Ambitious with an entrepreneurial mind set
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to work under pressure
- A motivated and enthusiastic self-starter
If you have a good understanding of the lighting industry, a passion for design and sustainability and feel you can be a brand ambassador for Tala, we’d like to hear from you.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a cover letter detailing why you are right for Tala to email@example.com