Business Development Manager Airlines & OTAs // GetYourGuide
GetYourGuide is busy revolutionizing the tours and activities space, fundamentally changing how travelers discover and book things to do in their destination. We come to work everyday because we are passionate about turning our customers’ trips into amazing experiences. Business development is a critical part of this mission.
As Business Development Manager for Airlines, you will be responsible for taking our Airline segment to the next level. The overall partner channel is already a significant growth driver for our overall business today and we are active in a variety of B2B segments – from working with thousands of travel agents and online bloggers to strategic partnerships with leading airlines and OTAs such as Emirates and TUI and many more.
By capturing untapped markets and successfully closing new airline & OTA partnerships, you will turn our B2B business in these segments into a massive standalone success. Your unmatched ability to sign and close deals is the link that will develop GetYourGuide into the global B2B leader for tours & activities.
Learn more about your responsibilities:
- Acquire and onboard new airline and OTA partners by effectively managing the entire sales funnel from research, first contact, contract negotiation, deal-closing, on-boarding and post-closing account management
- Work with the account managers to improve the commercial performance of existing key airlines
- Research the market to discover new potential partners and new business models to increase our long-term performance
- Persuade internal and external stakeholders to overcome roadblocks and drive cross-functional efforts across marketing, sales, engineering, finance, and other teams
- Maintain a visible pipeline and prioritized action list
- Positively represent GetYourGuide to external stakeholders at critical industry events
- Perform product analysis and influence product manager and VP on improvements and innovation
- 3+ years prior experience in Sales or Business Development, ideally in an online environment
- Strong desire to win despite all challenges and to close deals
- Excellent English-language skills
- Outstanding communication, negotiation, persuasion, and interpersonal skills with both internal & external parties
- Stand-out presentation skills
- Proven internal stakeholder management
- Marked project & pipeline management skills
- Data-driven, results-oriented, and accurate
- Persistent and willing to go the extra mile
- Eager to learn and quick in implementing feedback
- Thrive in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment
Why work with us?
- Autonomy to drive the success of one of our most important growth drivers with huge untapped potential
- Virtual stock options that make you an integral part of the company’s growth and success
- GetYourGuide tour and activity vouchers to live the life of our customers by experiencing our products for yourself
- International team with people from over 45 nationalities
- Weekly all hands meetings and monthly business updates
- Regular learning opportunities via trainings, our network of industry experts and conferences!
Also check out life at GetYourGuide on our blog at inside.getyourguide.com to get some insights into what happens behind the scenes.
Do you have the skills to do the job, enthusiasm for our vision and fit our culture? Yes? Great, we already look forward to hearing from you! Please include your resume and cover letter in English. If you have any further questions, please contact us via email@example.com.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
- 5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →
- Nicolas Dolenc gives us a sneak preview of Slush 2016
If you partied with us at TOA, you’ll know that Jobspotting and Slush have a special connection. With this year’s Slush conference just around the corner, we spoke to its President and Executive Producer about ... Read more →