Category Manager (Global Attractions) // GetYourGuide
GetYourGuide is busy revolutionizing the tours and activities space, fundamentally changing how travelers discover and book things to do in their destination. We come to work everyday because we are passionate about turning our customers’ trips into amazing experiences. Sales is a critical part of this mission.
Our business has a variety of categories, such as attraction tickets like the Eiffel Tower or the Colosseum, hop-on hop-off tours, transfers, city cards and many more. Each of these categories comes with different operational needs from internal teams and different growth levers like availability, price, commission and customer experience. As Category Manager you will be the interface between sales, marketing, and product, helping us grow revenue and improve our operations in each category.
What you will be responsible for:
- Category revenue growth: Develop and implement category plan to achieve revenue & profitability goals.
- Category-specific processes & KPIs: Identify growth and efficiency opportunities for the category and collaborate with internal teams. Lead process design and improvements across the company to achieve category KPIs.
- Opportunity analysis: Analyze data and identify growth opportunities for the categories and for specific supplier partners. Advance our catalog expansion, including the identification of selection gaps, the prioritization of new product acquisition by the sales team, and the development of relationships with new target suppliers
- Competitive benchmarking & positioning: Analyze and anticipate competitors’ marketing, selection, and pricing strategies. Partner closely with sales leaders to develop and enhance GetYourGuide's operational and strategic positioning with key suppliers in the category.
- Customer Experience: Analyze and define the target customer experience for the vertical. Conduct research and discover best practices from comparable high customer satisfaction services. Develop processes to scale a replicable customer experience across GetYourGuide’s inventory.
- Best practice sharing & enforcement to sales: Educate the organization, especially our sales team, on best practices across the entire lifecycle (acquisition, onboarding, management).
- Forecasting: Support on demand forecast and inventory risk management for our high-profile attractions.
What you can bring to the team:
- You are able to gather useful data from external sources (e.g. market trends) and our customer data (Pentaho, Postgres), and use it to make informed recommendations and decisions. Also, you are fluent in Excel.
- You know the challenges of working in a cross-functional environment and keep all stakeholders aligned.
- You can anticipate needs and perspectives of other teams, and communicate proactively and effectively with them.
- You create actionable, informative metrics for stakeholders, including tables and graphical displays and provide context for making decisions.
- You know how to effectively conduct market research, segmentation, and targeting and create business cases.
- You are used to conveying objectives and concepts in different (audience) settings and are able to tell a story.
- Ideally 2 years consulting or banking experience.
- Proven track-record of self-sufficient project management.
Why work with us?
- An open-work environment where every voice is heard.
- International team made up of over 45 nationalities.
- Virtual stock options making you an integral part of the company’s growth and success story.
- GetYourGuide tour and activity vouchers to live the life of our customers by experiencing the products for yourself.
- Free breakfast, healthy snacks, German lessons and fun Fridays with pizza and beer.
We value learning quickly, and failing as much as succeeding. Our work – both developing ourselves and our skills – is never finished. Join us for weekly all-hands meetings and monthly business updates and take part in regular learning opportunities via training with our network of industry experts and attending relevant conferences!
Do you think you can rock the job? Then, we’re looking forward to hearing from you! Check out life at GetYourGuide on our blog inside.getyourguide.com to see what happens behind the scenes. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
- 5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →
- Nicolas Dolenc gives us a sneak preview of Slush 2016
If you partied with us at TOA, you’ll know that Jobspotting and Slush have a special connection. With this year’s Slush conference just around the corner, we spoke to its President and Executive Producer about ... Read more →