Enterprise Business Development Manager // Contentful
Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies like Spotify, Red Bull, Optimizely, Twilio, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to solve the complexities of content management in the modern multi-channel world.
The demand for a new way to manage content is in the numbers: the company is rapidly growing and has raised nearly $50M from VC firms including General Catalyst, Benchmark, Balderton, Point Nine, and Trinity.
We’re a fun team of over 150 people from 40 nations with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, looking for more amazing individuals to join our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced Enterprise Business Development Manager to help fuel the adoption of Contentful by digital teams around the globe. Being part of the sales organization, you will develop close relationships within the largest organizations in a particular market or industry and generate well-defined opportunities.
To support your outbound selling efforts, you will use multi-modal, targeted campaigns to help you identify new customer sales opportunities in both existing and new accounts. Once engaged with a customer or prospect, you will successfully understand customer business issues by using excellent listening and communication skills, demonstrate how these issues can be solved and the unique benefits of solving them with Contentful.
Your primary responsibilities will include using intelligent prospecting persistence to identify, create and qualify opportunities, then work with the Account Executive to ensure the opportunity is understood and next steps are clearly defined. Once qualified, you will use an opportunity management processes to ensure that opportunities are handed off to appropriate sales resources in a timely, customer friendly manner. Your success will be measured by the achievement of individual and team activity, and opportunity creation goals.
- Contact existing and new enterprise customers and executives with those enterprises, to understand their needs in terms of content infrastructure
- Identify and pitch to executive teams to generate demand for Contentful
- Build a value proposition with the customer
- Discover and qualify opportunities
- Work closely with the sales team to ensure opportunities are transitioned in a customer-friendly way
- Self-starter with proven professional success, who is prepared to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- High-level presentation skills – demonstrating a technical solution to prospects and customers relevant to their industry or target market
- Knowledge to differentiate and understand various executive roles and responsibilities
- Excellent listening and communication skills in English, both verbal and written (Additional languages is a plus!)
- Demonstration of interest in developing a career in technology sales
- Capable of understanding the customer pain points, requirements and correlating potential business to value that can be provided by technical services
- 2+ years in a customer facing business development or sales role
- Experience in developing opportunities
- Skilled in prospecting techniques
- Record of success in an outbound sales or prospecting role in B2B environments, preferably in a solution-sales / technology-related environment
- Experience navigating prospective accounts at a senior executive level to identify new customer opportunities in a focused market space
- Preferred: Business or Tech Degree
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team’s processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We’ll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!