Finance Analyst @ NBT // Next Big Thing AG
Next Big Thing AG is a Berlin-based IoT company builder offering a complete framework for the acceleration of IoT ventures. We are an operational VC, technology provider, and innovation partner made up of a strong team of business architects, tech experts, and experienced founders.
Fascinated by the potential of IoT? We are too. We gather the best and brightest minds across industries to collaborate on connected ideas for the future. As part of the German de:hub initiative, NBT is the center of gravity for all things IoT. We enable rapid prototyping, disruptive innovation, and entrepreneurship. In short, we support and promote all elements of the IoT-blockchain ecosystem to develop new companies.
Whether you’re looking to solder hardware, tackle key innovation challenges across industries, or lead a venture into a steady IoT future, you’ll find a home at NBT. Have a look at our current openings below and get in touch!
JOIN OUR TEAM!
NBT’s Finance Team is expanding to provide world-class support to our growing stable of visionary IoT and Blockchain ventures. We are hiring a full-time Finance Analyst to apply his/her expertise and potential to help achieve this.
You will develop and manage vital tools and processes to ensure sound financial planning, analysis and reporting for both NBT and its ventures. With a rapidly expanding team, there are fantastic opportunities for career development.
These will be your tasks:
- Responsible for financial planning and analysis tasks including business planning, budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis
- Work with our external accountants to optimize accounting processes and ensure timely, accurate and meaningful monthly and annual accounts
- Develop and drive tools and processes to plan and measure the financial performance in all areas of the organization
- Improve and manage financial and business analytical reporting for internal and external stakeholders, such as our management board, supervisory board, and investors
- Support and advise our ventures on financial tools and processes.
You’re offering these qualifications:
- Degree or professional qualification in Finance and Accounting
- 1+ year of combined accounting and finance experience
- Good knowledge of the practical application of German accounting standards and tax regulations
- Outstanding skills in Excel, including pivot tables, charts, and macros
- Good skills in Powerpoint
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Enjoy making sense of complex data and relating it to the operational reality
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication; a true team player
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Fluency in English and German
- Hungry to learn new things and rapidly develop your skill set
- Can-do, positive approach
A sweet deal
- Full-time unlimited contract
- Competitive salary
- 26 days of paid vacation
- Flexible working hours
- Free drinks & fruits
- Hardware of your choice
- Subsidized membership to a Berlin sports club with 450+ locations
- Take responsibility for your projects. No micromanagement.
- Work within a flat hierarchy among international team members from 21 countries
- Healthy working hours
- Access to Factory Community events: lectures, social events, networking, great restaurant and café, and a ball-pit!
Top notch lab access
- Unlimited access to a fully equipped R&D lab for fast prototyping through to minor production runs at post prototype stages. The lab covers 4 areas: Electronics, 3d printing, mechanical engineering and P&P machines for pcb manufacturing.
Work with the best
- Join an agile, cross-functional, dedicated team
- Collaborate with experienced founders and internationally established partners, ranging from the Fraunhofer Institute, GlobalFoundries, to Consensys.
We do not work with recruitment agencies.
RELOCATION & EU WORK VISA
We do not offer relocation assistance for this position regarding paperwork, visa, nor first steps in Germany.