Finance and Operations Analyst // ChartMogul
About the Operations Unit
The Operations team optimizes ChartMogul’s performance by taking care of the administrative and operational aspects of running and growing a company, and by cultivating a positive, sustainable, and scalable work environment. We work to remove obstacles so our Moguls can focus on applying their skills and expertise. To meet our goal we not only aim to resolve issues quickly once they arise, but we sniff out risks to reduce the likelihood of there being any impediments to our team’s work. As a result, we’re able to make ChartMogul a better place to work, and position individual team members and the company for growth.
About your role
As our Finance and Operations Analyst, you take on a wide range of tasks to support the Operations unit and, more specifically the Finance and Operations team. From financial reporting to sales enablement, you support team members across the entire business. The cross-functional nature of your role enables you to gain a holistic view of the many parts of the ChartMogul organization while your responsibilities directly help the company run efficiently.
You own a lot of our financial reporting processes and develop creative and insightful new ways to report on SaaS revenue. We also trust you to develop reliable forecasts and rely on you to present this financial data in a compelling and pragmatic format. Further, you provide support and backup cover for our Director of Finance and Operations for all matters related to payroll and preparatory accounting.
Finally, you work on special projects! These special projects can involve anything from feature development and improvement in collaboration with our Product Management team to trademark registration.
What will you be doing?
- Reporting, reporting, reporting! You’ll be delivering SaaS, Revenue, OPEX, reports, and forecasts
- Collating monthly sales results for our Account Executives and calculating commission
- Supporting Account Executives by working with them to create offers during the sales cycle
- Cross-referencing our internal reports with financial statements we receive from our accountants to ensure there are no discrepancies
- Creating services orders and invoices for our customers and following up with them when necessary
- Regularly communicating with our tax advisers, insurance providers, and lawyers to ensure compliance and prepare for future legislative changes
- Supporting the Director of Finance and Operations with project accounting
- Conducting research related to tax and accounting practices in our subsidiaries’ geographies
- Providing payroll, preparatory bookkeeping, and administrative support
- Finding innovative and efficient ways of improving reporting processes at ChartMogul
- Adding depth and improving the quality of reports from our Finance and Operations team
- And participating in high-visibility and business-critical projects as they come up!
Manager: Martin, Director of Operations and Finance
Colleagues: Open, Team Assistant
What is it like to work at ChartMogul?
- You’ll join the adventures of a young (and growing!!) company and be in a position to draw clear links between your contributions and the company’s growth.
- You’ll become part of a team of kind, highly skilled and dedicated people that all share the same mission: Helping companies build better businesses.
- You’ll receive a great compensation package (market or upmarket).
- You’ll also be getting stock options
- We offer snacks & drinks in the office and a laid-back office environment
- We also offer the traditional perks and benefits of course (health insurance, gym membership etc.).
- One-on-one mentorship and guidance and HR and Operations support in almost every capacity
- Flexible working hours and arrangements including work-from-home days
- And a brand new laptop!
Sounds interesting? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Basically a Microsoft Excel wiz–with experience of advanced functions
- Excellent professional communication skills both written and verbal in English
- Knowledge of or experience in accounting (preparatory, tax, audits etc.)
If you have any of the following it would be a huge bonus (!) :
- Experience with Candis or other preparatory accounting software
- An interest in providing sales support
- Written and verbal communication skills in German
- You care about accuracy a lot
- You love working in a team environment and are receptive to feedback
- You have a growth mindset and are looking for opportunities to develop your strengths
- You’re great at adapting your communication style to suit your audience