Head of Buying – Theme Sales (m/f) // MONOQI
MONOQI is the online destination for hand-picked design. Since 2012, we have dedicated ourselves to collecting hard-to-find and limited-edition design products. With an international team representing over 25 nationalities, MONOQI searches the globe for the best contemporary design, making strong curatorial selections.
We are a multinational, enthusiastic and fun team based in the heart of Berlin with a unified vision of changing the game in the furniture industry. And we are looking for an inspiring, engaged and motivated manager as Head of Buying – Theme Sales.
What you’ll be working on:
- You will be responsible for our Theme Sales buying team of more than 3 dedicated employees and a small team of interns
- You will be in charge of the entire product selection and curation for our Theme Sales program
- You will create and execute a Strategy plan for the respective team led by the VP of Sales and Buying
- You will lead the team responsible for the highest curated offers on the website
- You will direct not only the Theme Sales team but the entire company on all leading trends, themes, categories and help decide the designer and product direction for MONOQI
- You will challenge, mentor and support your team to achieve ambitious targets
- You will build strong relationships and interfaces with our designer relations, editorial and graphics department to build up all sales as well as with our business intelligence team
- You must be able to travel 3-4 times a year
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Several years of relevant professional experience in a responsible buying or category management role in an E-commerce, marketplace, retail or design product company; experience in the Home and Design space preferred
- At least 2 years of proven leadership and management skills
- High design affinity and judgement skills to identify brands and products that fit the MONOQI aesthetic and contribute to our commercial success
- Have a full and extensive knowledge of the competitive landscape
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills
- Good sense of business and analytical skills
- Self-motivation and ability to move comfortably in a fluid environment by creating structure and prioritizing effectively
- Proven ability to develop and coach a team to drive performance
- Fluency in English as this is the company language
What do we offer:
- A challenging, but very rewarding leadership position in a rapidly growing design company
- The opportunity to steer the company’s growth and drive our business forward
- The opportunity for professional and personal development in a dynamic, international and design-oriented environment
- Competitive and performance-based compensation
- Open channels of communication, transparent decision-making, and quick decisions and results
- A vibrant and international team as well as an open and design-oriented office in the heart of Berlin
Join the MONOQI team!
We look forward to receiving your application.