Head of Accounting Germany // GetYourGuide
We are looking for a proactive and enthusiastic Head of Accounting Germany to join the ride as we continue to grow.
The Accounting team’s mission is to maintain high-quality and compliant accounting for the German entities of GetYourGuide. We aim to accurately account and report financial information in a timely manner in accordance with corporate policies and HGB (German GAAP) to internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department for the German entities, recognising an annual three-digit million turnover
- Lead and develop the Accounting Team, enabling them to meet targets and ensuring that they reach their maximum potential
- Support the team and your management colleagues through implementing and monitoring OKRs together with relevant internal stakeholders
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and ship financial reports and statements
- Establish and optimize processes and policies across departments in anticipation of continued growth of the company
- Manage the communication with internal and external stakeholders, including Senior Management, tax advisors, and auditors
- 5+ years experience in Accounting, ideally in an international environment
- Comprehensive and proven knowledge of HGB (IFRS is a plus)
- 3+ years experience managing a team of accountants
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Reporting skills and strong KPI orientation
- Proactive in decision making
- Able to communicate and build trust at all levels of the organization
- Very good MS Office & G Suite skills (especially Excel)
- ERP user knowledge
- Fluent English and German, spoken and written
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Unit4/Agresso Business World
- Big 4 experience
More reasons to join us:
- Competitive package & virtual stock options that make you an integral part of the company’s success
- Private Pension Scheme
- Several fitness perks including yoga and Urban Sports Club
- GYG Academy, a training curriculum designed to promote professional and personal growth
- Free breakfast and fun Fridays with Pizza and Beer
- GetYourGuide Vouchers to experience our products for yourself
- Events such as Summer Summits, regular team events, Christmas & Summer Party
Do you have the skills for the job, the enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We’re looking forward to hearing from you! Check out life at GetYourGuide on our blog inside.getyourguide.com to see what happens behind the scenes.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com.