Head of Partnerships // WATTx
WATTx is looking for an outgoing, friendly, and well organised Head of Partnerships. WATTx is new industrial ecosystems. We do this as a venture builder that focuses on solving the challenges facing industrial players who are looking for ways to harness new technologies and build new business strategies in the Age of Automation. As a part of WATTx team, you will be the first and continued main touchpoint our clients and partners have with us – building these relationships, fielding project requests, organizing workshops and events, as well as growing the WATTx brand externally. Are you highly organised? Do you have previous event management experience, ideally in the dynamic startup, consulting, or service industry environment? Are you looking to expand your skills and take ownership of the entire journey of WATTx clients and partners?
What your mission entails:
- Build our network: You’ll grow your network to increase our client base, generate project leads, build partner network and build the WATTx brand. You will be in charge of building and executing a marketing strategy that is in line with the WATTx overall strategy. This includes going to events around Berlin and beyond in order to: understand what other companies and organizations are working on; inform externals about the work we are doing; and generally get the word out about our team and projects.
- Manage our relationships with clients: You’ll be the main point of contact for clients and partners – proactively building and managing our relationships with them. This means that you should oversee all touch points with key stakeholders. You will also be the initial point of contact, responding to first requests for meetings, co-operations, and workshops – both virtual and physical.
- Organize client workshops/events: Whether they are looking for a way to kickstart their innovation journey or evaluate product ideas they already have, you will propose and execute workshops and events according to our clients’ needs. After each event, you will evaluate the event and gather feedback from the client in order to improve workshop formats and materials.
- Keep all the administrative and legal details in order: With client work, there are a lot of I’s to dot and T’s to cross. You’ll prepare client and partner documents (like contracts and NDAs) as well as prepare and process client invoices and payments.
- Grow our brand: Though not the core focus of your work, content marketing it very important for the overall WATTx messaging. The way we communicate (through writing, images, and talks) how we work at WATTx and what we’re working on will be important to how you engage with current and potential clients/partners. For this reason, you’ll also work with our communications team to ensure that we are creating our brand in a way that attracts the right clients and partners.
To start your mission you’ll need:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in a relevant field
- Previous work experience in event management, marketing or business development
- To be a people-person with a hands-on, service-oriented attitude
- Outstanding organisational skills
- The ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritise effectively
- Great communication skills – fluency in English and German is a must
WATTx is a new kind of company builder focused on creating deep technologies in the industrial and consumer Internet of things. We are a full-stack team: hardware and software engineers, data scientists, user experience researchers and designers, venture developers, and strategists. Our cross-functional project teams take a user-centric approach to identifying opportunity areas in particular research areas that inform ideation sessions. Solutions that evolve from these sessions are quickly prototyped and vetted as pilots with clients, investors, and potential partners. Dedicated to lean development and a sprint spirit, we expect research kick-off to venture spin-out to take a matter of a few months.
We are looking forward to receive your applications. In case you have any questions, you´re welcome to approach Karo, our Head of Recruitment and HR.