Head of Sales (Automotive) // Athena
What we do
Athena is a virtual reality tool for designing and testing experiences around the connected car. We combine the power of prototyping and the immersion of VR to create a whole new way of designing for automotive.
As the Head of Sales (Automotive) you will work closely with our product team to develop the German automotive market. You are joining us in the middle of a super exciting go-to-market phase which equips you with the freedom AND responsibility to build an initial sales team and process.
Why we do
Cars are increasingly becoming a piece of software, a gadget, and a platform. Also the process of building cars gets closer to software development – more agile and human-centric. With OEMS transforming towards digital product companies, teams work on experiences around future mobility – beyond cars and beyond screen.
How we do
With Athena we developed a powerful tool for designers. VR Prototyping design enables design teams to communicate their work with stakeholders, test with actual users, and validate concepts in a fast and easy way. This accelerates production, avoids expensive mistakes, and allows validation along the way.
Once you are here you will:
… Contact inbound and outbound leads
… Qualify and evaluate leads with a customer-centric approach
… Provide value and keep the conversation going even when facing objections
… Structure your deals and finalise proposals
… Close and keep your commitments
… Build your team and processes
- A minimum of 3 years working experience in software or automotive
- A bachelor’s degree, or equivalent life experience
- Broad range of sales and business development skills
- Great leadership skills. We need someone who is confident with clients, leading presentations, workshops and mentoring talent
- Ability to work in an ambiguous and dynamic environment, and in multidisciplinary teams
- A willingness to get your hands dirty, and skills to also deliver outstanding results even on your own
- A drive to stay on the pulse and contribute ideas for new features or ways to improve existing structures and products
- A serious addiction to getting and giving feedback
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in German required, as we target German Automotive companies
- Experience or passion for the automotive world and design is a clear plus.
- Absolute willingness to travel
- Super inspiring work place in the heart of Kreuzberg
- Coaching in the team and lots of learning opportunities
- Help with relocation to Berlin, if not already based there
- MacBook of choice, remote days and flex hours
- Fair salaries and long list of perks (Conferences, Trainings, Books, Gadgets, Public Transportation and Fitness)
- Additional opportunities to travel to Japan (HQ of Goodpatch)
- Working with a fun, talented and international team that aims to create a caring and inclusive workplace
We look forward to hearing from you!
Athena is a product team within global design firm Goodpatch.