International Accountant // GetYourGuide
GetYourGuide is the booking platform for incredible travel experiences. Powered by a global team of over 400 travel experts, GetYourGuide helps travelers find the best things to do wherever they’re headed. Since its founding in 2009, travelers from more than 155 countries have booked over 15 million tours, activities and attraction tickets through GetYourGuide. The company is based in Berlin, Germany and has offices in 14 countries around the world.
Initiative is very important to us! What does it mean to you? That you can actively organize our accounts and prepare for our strong growth at the same time? Here, you will comply with the legal requirements at all times and always be aware of the accounting implications of new developments. You are also able to learn new things and proactively communicate this new knowledge to others. Does this sound exciting to you? Then we would be happy to hear from you!
The International Accounting team’s mission is to maintain high-quality, compliant accounting for all international entities of GetYourGuide group, worldwide outside of Germany. To accurately report financial information in a timely manner in accordance with corporate policies and local GAAP to internal and external stakeholders, respectively, while supporting International country managers with tax, compliance, and ad hoc administrative issues.
- Maintaining accounts and account clarification for International entities of GetYourGuide
- Supporting all incoming accounting tasks or taking responsibility for your own topic area (accounts receivable, accounts payable, balance sheet accounting, intercompany reconciliations)
- Independent office organization in a dynamic work environment
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly and annual financial statements for the individual companies of the GetYourGuide group in accordance with the commercial code and IFRS
- Contact person for internal and external enquiries related to accounting
- Collaborating on projects to optimize processes (e.g. internal audit and payment runs)
- Cooperating with auditors, tax consultants and external parties
- Coordinating preparation and submission of VAT filings and reviewing sales tax issues
- Commercial training, ideally as a tax clerk or accountant; a business degree is a plus
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the finance department of a medium-sized company, ideally in the e-commerce sector
- Very good knowledge of the commercial code, IFRS and group accounting are a plus
- Solid knowledge and experience in international VAT
- Very good Office skills (especially Excel)
- Very good English and German, additional language skills a plus
- Independent and structured way of working as well as a team player with reliable time management
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers from over 50 nationalities
- Virtual stock options – be part of our success story
- Well stocked kitchen and our famous pizza & beer Friday’s
- GetYourGuide gift vouchers
- Free German lessons
- Private Pension Scheme
- Several fitness perks including yoga and Urban Sports Club
- GetYourGuide events, such as Summer Summits, regular Team events, Christmas & Summer Parties
Do you have the skills for the job, the enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We’re looking forward to hearing from you! For any further questions regarding this position contact us via email@example.com. In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide at inside.getyourguide.com or visit our career page at careers.getyourguide.com to check out the latest opportunities.