Junior Buyer (Inside Sales) // Fy
Fy! is building a mobile marketplace of the coolest products from the world’s best emerging brands, designers and artists.
We help people discover and shop products they’ve never seen before whilst helping our suppliers grow their revenue and build their brands on mobile.
We are funded and backed by some of the savviest investors in Europe including Forward Partners, 500 Startups and the ex-leadership of ASOS, Streetcar and LoveFilm. We are a small but passionate and experienced team of entrepreneurs, technologies and marketing experts working to build something huge.
We’re creating a dynamic, exciting website and app that offer a full assortment of lifestyle goods to women across the Globe. If you have the ability to locate unique, exciting brands across all categories that fit into the Fy! aesthetic, come work with us in Berlin!
As an entrepreneurial business and part of a young buying team, you’ll be expected to wear many hats and will have a big impact on how the Fy! assortment evolves. We’re looking for someone that can identify unique and incredible products that fit into various customer profiles and demographics.
You’ll have hit the ball out the park if, within the first 12 months,:
- Our customers are raving about our product assortment, and we’ve successfully filled out existing categories with different price points and aesthetics, as well as added new categories to create a complete lifestyle assortment
- We’ve established ourselves as a leader in the market for finding unique goods that are high quality across multiple price points and categories
Some things you’ll be doing…
- Source brands that fit within the Fy! aesthetic, and meet company requirements
- Negotiate terms with vendors (pricing, inventory quantities, assortment, logistics type, delivery times, payment terms, etc)
- Close accounts that drive revenue, and support company KPI’s
- Manage a broad vendor portfolio, and build strong relationships with simultaneously continuing to establish new partnerships
- Deliver on individual financial goals and KPIs
Who are we looking for?
You’ll love it here if:
- Above all else you’re ambitious and want to make something amazing
- You’re interested in new, emerging brands especially in the design, homeware or accessories space
- You thrive on fast paced sales, and getting on the phone to close accounts
- You love constantly looking for unique and interesting brands that fit within specific portfolios
- You’re detailed and well structured. If you like organization you can help us build out the best processes and tools to support your growth
- You’re an excellent communicator. You are equally comfortable conversing in person, or via email, as you are over the telephone
- You get excited about changing an industry, and have the ability to translate that enthusiasm to others and position it in ways that enable strong negotiations
You’ll also need to have:
- Experience in sales and/or buying (inside sales preferred)
- Experience in the Fashion Accessory, or Home & Living markets
- Experience in e-commerce
- Fluency in English (mandatory), German or other European languages helpful
- This is an unparalleled experience to work in one of Europe’s fastest growing mobile brands whilst making a name for yourself. If we hit our objectives you’ll inevitably be one of the most sought after talents in Europe.
- Impact and influence – you’ll be joining a small but high performance team and, as an early hire to the buying team, will be influential in how we shape the company
- An incredible learning experience in building and scaling a global consumer brand. You’ll be working as part of a team who have over 50 years combined experience starting, scaling and exiting consumer businesses (onefinestay, Fab.com, Monoqi, Zipcar, Zulily, Google, Tuenti, TicTail…)…
- You’ll be exposed to everything entailed in scaling a digital startup – marketing, fundraising, product, ops, engineering etc.