Market Manager // HotelTonight
HotelTonight makes it remarkably easy to book great hotels at amazing rates on your mobile device, for tonight, tomorrow and beyond. Our goal is to be the premier and most loved way to book a place to stay and we’re looking for a Market Manager, covering the flagship markets in Germany to help do just that.
Our product is the world’s first 100% mobile hotel booking app, and you’ll be working with hotels within Germany to make sure we are always bringing our users the best deals at the coolest hotels around.
This a great opportunity to run your own market and be accountable for your own work. You will be working as part of our Global Supply team to partner with top-rated hotels and rapidly roll out operations for multiple destinations across Germany. You will have the freedom to design, execute and adjust the strategies needed to grow the performance of your market. You are the expert; and what we will achieve, will depend on your work.
Do you want to impact the business from day one and be able to influence the performance of the market and HotelTonight? Join our dynamic and fun team!
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU WILL:
- Successfully complete a training program that will teach you the art of building relationships with our hotel partners, industry terminology and KPI’s, and master HotelTonight’s approach to growing existing markets & launching into new markets.
- Learn to communicate and quickly navigate our products, features and systems with ease.
- Assist your Country Manager in forging and managing great relationships with hotels in your market, with the aim of training partners to be highly active and competitive to ensure the best possible hotel offers for our users.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU WILL:
- Work to get more inventory, more partners using the product, and sell incremental hotel rooms for our partners.
- Execute a plan to nurture and establish relationships with your hotel partners.
- Deliver exceptional service to your hotel partners in a timely and efficient manner.
- Develop an intimate knowledge of your market with the goal of becoming the ‘go-to’ source for all information relating to local trends and market dynamics (e.g. pricing, demand seasonality, booking patterns, etc.).
- Create and implement strategic tactics to ensure your hotel partners are successful in your markets.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU WILL:
- Meet and exceed KPI’s by owning the performance and success of the hotels within your region.
- Build and manage supply-side relationships with hotels in several cities within a particular region. This includes partnering, strategizing, and running daily operations directly with hotel partners, and ensuring HotelTonight always has the best inventory from hotels available for our users.
- Partner with marketing, product managers, engineers, customer experience, and the greater Local Ops team to create a healthy marketplace.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR IN YOU:
- Upper-class degree from a leading university (Master’s students from a top business school or hospitality management school) and a desire to learn quickly and make a real impact from day one.
- Native/bilingual in German and full business proficiency in English. Other languages are a plus.
- The ability to get things done with changing priorities, projects and deadlines.
- Extraordinary communication and sales skills: Must be confident and willing to interact, sell and build strong relationships with senior-level hotel executives.
- Excellent organizational, and analytical skills; detail-oriented but moves fast.
- Having a few years of professional experience under your belt, preferably from within a fast growing startup tech company; consulting company or in the hospitality/travel industry.
- You’re a quick learner and you’re fearless about doing whatever it takes to get the job done, even if it means making mistakes along the way. Proactivity is key.
- Passion, hunger and enthusiasm for the role and what we’re building is a must. A desire to win!
- You must be an EU citizen or have documentation demonstrating your right to live and work in Germany.
WHY THIS ROLE IS COOL:
- Receive ongoing top-notch training with plenty of opportunities for growth and development.
- Work on a collaborative team that knows the value of teamwork, out of the box thinking, and effective communication.
- Be at the front lines of growing our supply of awesome hotels for our tech-savvy customers.
- Grow your own market in Germany and establish yourself as a subject matter expert for HotelTonight and our hotel partners
WHAT YOU’LL GET FROM US:
- An opportunity to join a company with an agile, start-up culture. No rules, no bureaucracy, empowerment and the opportunity to make a real impact on the business.
- Be a part of redefining mobile commerce and changing the way people book travel at a thriving global business headquartered in San Francisco and funded by top investors.
- Camaraderie and unparalleled opportunities to be part of a driven, agile team that is building something disruptive & working towards building the next great travel company for the mobile era.
- A people-focused organization dedicated to making sure you’re challenged, learning, growing, and recognized for all the great work you do.
- Great office location in Berlin Mitte, and an office space that is brand new!
- Fun stuff – Quarterly travel stipend to stay with our amazing hotels, office exchange program in our offices in London, Paris and the US, as well as the opportunity to spin the HT Roulette wheel to win a spontaneous weekend getaway!
We are on a mission to radically transform hotel bookings. Doing this requires us to think differently and to question conventional approaches, therefore it’s essential to have a diverse team of the very best people with all types of backgrounds and experiences to bring the best ideas to life. We are committed to maintaining an environment where all of our team members have the opportunity to be heard, to make an impact and to do the best work of their lives.
Let’s get started!