Sales and Account Management Internship – Denmark / Czech Rep. (m/f) // SumUp
Why work for us?
We do things differently; like building our own payment solution end-to-end so that we can always offer the best product to our merchants. We solve problems with technology instead of manual processes. We focus on small businesses because we understand how important payments are to them. This is why we take their feedback to heart and use it to continuously improve. We believe in open and transparent communication and want you to get the bigger picture of how SumUp and the payment industry works. Ultimately, we believe empowering you to achieve greatness allows our merchants to do the same.
You will join a team of highly motivated individuals who will be collaborating to learn the payment industry value chain through hands-on work. This is a unique 5 month paid internship that offers personal and professional development, community-building, and an in-depth view into the payment industry. This program will give you an opportunity to work on a complex project with experienced stakeholders who will guide you along your journey — be warned: a successful outcome will rely on your determination to get the job done. If you’re passionate about payment systems, the legal environment they operate in, and the intricacies of international business we may have a job for you.
- Blaze trail in your home country with SumUp — you’re going to take our products and services and introduce them to your local market
- Engage with your clients through PR press releases and Facebook campaigns to ensure campaigns reach our target market
- Break cultural barriers by adjusting and translating our client facing material to your respective locale
- Support local merchants in your country while you’re with us, offering product insights and helpful guidance to your new customers
- Develop new business by acquiring large partners and signing cooperation agreements with them. It’s your country, so you choose who to partner with!
- Timeframe: August 1st, 2017 – December 31st, 2017 (5 months)
- Must have completed, or be actively pursuant of, a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or MBA degree
- You must be bilingual, speaking English in addition to having native-level language skills in Danish OR Czech/Slovak
- Customer sensibilities and the confidence to communicate with internal and external C-level employees
- Senior personality – someone who is at ease convincing prospective business partners (proven track record a plus)
- Experience working in a dynamic and collaborative work environment preferred
- Previous engagement in large-scale business projects a plus
- After the completion of your project you could be offered the opportunity to stay at SumUp and work in a department of your choice
- Flat hierarchies and the opportunity to have an impact, irrespective of your job description.
- Convenient location in the heart of Mitte at U-Bahn Oranienburger Tor.
- Kicker table, table tennis, beer in the fridge. What more could you want?
- Our office has a strong sense of community; we get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, soccer, and yoga.
- Our team comes from 30 different countries creating a fun, international environment.
If you want to know what it’s like to work at SumUp check our careers page: https://sumup.com/careers
For any questions feel free to get in touch: email@example.com