Sales Director EMEA // Contentful
Passionate about sales and ready to direct a team to success? We’re looking for you!
Contentful is a content management developer platform that enables web and mobile developers to manage, integrate, and deliver digital content to any kind of device or service that can connect to an API – be it smart cars, VR, mobile, web, digital signage, or any new platform. We solve the complexities of content management for tens of thousands web and mobile developers, some independent and many working at enterprise customers that include Jack-in-the-box, Petsmart, Specialized, and Urban Outfitters.
We’re a fun team of over 100 people from 36 nations with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, backed by top VCs (Benchmark, Trinity, Balderton, Point Nine), growing at an amazing pace, and looking for more amazing individuals to join our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
To accelerate our top line growth, we are hiring a Sales Director EMEA to lead and scale our Berlin-based sales team.
- Passionately lead sales for the EMEA region both for fast high-velocity deals ($30-100k ACV) and larger enterprise contracts ($100k+ ACV)
- Coach account executives on closing new – and expanding existing deals as well as assist with selling activities
- Successfully leverage sales engineering as part of the sales org to close large, complex deals
- Refine and evolve the core land and expand sales process and relationship between the Sales, Account Management and Customer Success teams
- Work closely with Product Management, Customer Success, Partnerships and Marketing to continuously improve our enterprise offerings
- Hit 2017 and 2018 enterprise revenue goals for EMEA and run sales operations for the local team including sales forecasting and commission planning
- Scale the team by hiring account executives and sales engineers in Berlin
- 2+ years of experience as a sales leader (with direct reports) selling complex technical software (Dev, DevOps, IT) and navigating large enterprises
- Proven experience in running high-velocity sales processes (preferably in SaaS)
- Ability to coach: experience closing complex 6 or 7 figure enterprise deals in a land-and-expand motion
- Experience in working closely with sales engineering / pre-sales to solve technical challenges with prospects
- Willingness to travel occasionally (25%)
- Excellent English communication skills – German language skills are a plus in order to work with the local market
- Join a real tech company that counts among its investors and advisors people like Adam Wiggins (Heroku) and Francesco Cesarini (Erlang Solutions)
- We offer education budgets complete with extra days off to be spent on your self-development
- Pick any tools you feel comfortable with. From hardware to software, your work environment to your chair, we’ve literally got your back
- Enjoy the flexibility of time and place of your work
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes!
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and we’ll help you settle into your exciting new city
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, veteran status or disability. We look forward to your application!
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →