VP Business Development & Partnerships // GetYourGuide
- Take ownership of our business development organization including strategy, team, processes, KPIs, brand marketing, strategic initiatives and day-to-day execution.
- Drive growth and profitability in our B2B segments:
- Grow existing segments, identify and launch new segments, and prioritize the team’s investments based on strong opportunity assessments
- Build an effective organization that achieves excellence in all aspects of the sales funnel for the respective segments, including lead generation, prioritization of partners, negotiation, strategic positioning and customer success.
- Attract partners through a mix of B2B marketing, direct sales and referrals
- Build, lead and inspire a growing BD team. Recruit top performers, develop them into superstars, and act as coach and role model for your team
- Prioritize the technical product roadmap for our partnership business by constantly balancing strategic with immediate growth objectives.
- Ensure that customers have the same phenomenal customer experience when booking our products via partners as they do when booking through our B2C platform
- Find and promote win-win situations with other teams such as supply or engineering
- Run business development like a startup within a startup
We are looking for you if:
- You have 8+ years prior experience in B2B Sales, Partnerships or Business Development, in an online environment
- You have 2+ years experience leading a team
- You have experience running the entire sales funnel from lead generation, acquisition, negotiation, closing, onboarding to customer success.
- You have a proven track record of translating strategic thinking into action plans and results, with superior analytical skills. Data drives your decision making
- You know how to run cross-functional initiatives effectively, coordinate timelines and deliverables across teams and achieve buy-in from all stakeholders
- You have exceptional interpersonal skills, know how to communicate passionately, effectively, and persuasively and have experience building strong working relationships at all levels of management, both internally and externally
- You thrive on innovation and continuously evaluate industry trends for new opportunities
- You have highly developed and demonstrable leadership skills including managing and developing people, building high performance team, creating an atmosphere of trust & respect
- You have a hands-on attitude with the ability to “build something out of nothing” and strong drive to exploit any opportunity to help our customers and grow the company
Even better if you:
- Have 2+ years experience background in SaaS
- Have 2+ years experience as a startup founder or general manager of a large business unit
- Have managed a P&L of more than $10M net revenue a year
- Have experience in B2B marketing
Why work with us?
- Autonomy to drive the success of one of our most important growth drivers with huge untapped potential
- Virtual stock options that make you an integral part of the company’s growth and success
- GetYourGuide tour and activity vouchers to live the life of our customers by experiencing our products for yourself
- International team with people from over 45 nationalities
- Relocation Assistance and a great People team that has all the insights to German bureaucracy
We value learning quickly, succeeding and failing as we go. Our work is never finished, and that applies to developing ourselves and our skills. Join us for weekly all hands meetings and monthly business updates; take part in regular learning opportunities via trainings, our network of industry experts and attend relevant conferences!
Also check out life at GetYourGuide on our blog at inside.getyourguide.com to get some insights into what happens behind the scenes.
Do you have the skills to do the job, enthusiasm for our vision and fit our culture? Yes? Great, we already look forward to hearing from you! Please include your resume and cover letter in English. If you have any further questions, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a full-time position based in Berlin. The role reports directly to the COO.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
- 5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →
- Nicolas Dolenc gives us a sneak preview of Slush 2016
If you partied with us at TOA, you’ll know that Jobspotting and Slush have a special connection. With this year’s Slush conference just around the corner, we spoke to its President and Executive Producer about ... Read more →