Hacker in Residence // Founders
You are a talented hacker who wants to build a product-first company. You love playing around with new ideas and aren’t afraid to throw away things that don’t work for the end users. You are a very independent person with a strong personal drive. You have the people skills necessary to lead a small team.
Founders is a startup studio. We take product ideas and turn them into strong companies. We find talented creatives and explore new ideas and technology together in our studio. When we uncover an exciting product idea, we help our co-founders turn it into a compelling product and ultimately an independent company.
We are not an incubator or accelerator.
What is a Hacker in Residence?
Hackers in Residence (HIR) are full-time employees hired by Founders to co-explore and co-found new projects. In our studio you will work together with designers, product managers, data scientists and growth marketers exploring new ideas and building prototypes.
When a prototyped idea shows promise we create a roadmap of how to turn it into a launchable product together. We then ruthlessly validate the product in the open market, looking for traction. If it takes off, we then transform it into an independent company with you as a co-founder.
- Good product intuition
- You have mastered at least one modern web stack
- Ability to work both independently and leading a team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Creativity, intelligence, hustle
- Native application development experience
- Startup experience as either co-founder or early employee
- Competitive annual salary and real founder equity (15%-25%).
- Standard issue laptop and phone.
- Awesome co-workers and a shiny new office
- Weekly demo-days, cross company developer meetings and great Friday bars.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
- 5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →
- Nicolas Dolenc gives us a sneak preview of Slush 2016
If you partied with us at TOA, you’ll know that Jobspotting and Slush have a special connection. With this year’s Slush conference just around the corner, we spoke to its President and Executive Producer about ... Read more →