Director of UX (m/f/d) // Sauce Labs
In today’s software-centric economy, speed is everything. The pressure to deliver more, faster, falls squarely on development teams. Sauce Labs accelerates software development by removing testing as a bottleneck. Our continuous testing cloud ensures that the web and mobile applications people use every day work flawlessly on any browser or device.
We’re hiring a Director to lead our User Experience Team. Our ideal candidate is equal parts creative genius, operational master and prescriptive leader, with a proven track record for creating intuitive customer experiences. You are also a pragmatist and are able to prioritize and iterate to achieve your vision of an awesome customer experience. You will lead a team of deeply passionate professionals in UX and Visual UI design. This role requires the capacity to empathize with developers and quality professionals at the leading edge of agile development and continuous testing.
The Director of User Experience collaborates closely with product management, software development, marketing, and research. You are an excellent partner – business as well as tech savvy, don’t mind rolling up your sleeves to be hands-on, and you have been successful in a high growth startup environment. This role will report directly to the Vice President of Product.
What would be your responsibility? You will:
- Define and deliver a UX vision and strategy
- Champion user centered design as an integral part of the product and development process
- Manage the Sauce Labs team of UX Designers, including mentoring, developing, and hiring top UX talent.
- Coordinate and manage teams across multiple locations, facilitating communication and collaboration without consistent in-person availability
- Curate the design library and style guide, making final decisions on content, submissions, and conformance in development team projects.
- Maintain and continually improve the agile UX processes for how UX professionals collaborate with development teams and Product Managers during the development lifecycle to create high fidelity designs informed by customer feedback
- Partner with Product leaders to define and measure metrics to track user satisfaction both overall and specific to strategic development initiatives.
- Work closely with product and front-end development teams to ensure design solutions are understood and executed correctly.
What do you need to bring with you?
- 8+ years UX experience web applications or mobile applications
- 4+ years of experience building and leading successful UX teams
- A history of producing exemplary products
- Experience with developer and/or testing tools
- A command of user-centered design principles and their applications to software design.
- Prior experience defining and owning the complete user experience within a successful software development organization
- Deep knowledge of tools used by UX designers and researchers, and when to use them appropriately
- Thorough knowledge of the software development lifecycle in an agile/Scrum environment.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Your application will be reviewed and if your profile is matching, we will reach out to you in order to arrange an initial screening to better align the role expectations on both sides.
- In depth video interview with hiring manager – more details of the role will be discussed during this call
- Final interview round – get to know better the team and projects onsite/remotely. This way we are confident we will provide you with the means to make a conscious and informed decision about your further career development with Sauce.
Curious about our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your online application!