Product Designer UX
LabTwin sets out to create a digital lab assistant that works quietly alongside scientists, taking on mundane tasks and freeing scientists to think creatively about big scientific problems.
It means we’re the first digital tool specifically designed to integrate scientific data and simplify workflows for scientists and lab managers. With LabTwin, scientists can access and capture data hands-free at the point of experimentation, allowing real-time data-driven decisions.
We’re looking for a Product Designer UX to join our team in Berlin to drive the lab of the future with us.
You will collaborate closely with a team of talented designers, engineers and product managers from discovery to delivery. The ideal candidate for this role will be able to translate customer insights into great design solutions.
- Owning design projects and managing multiple work streams in a fast-paced environment in close cooperation with product management and engineering from concept to launch
- Support our UX Researcher to explore new opportunities and validate hypotheses
- Creating high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate and test interaction design ideas
- Ensuring that implementation quality meets design requirements
- Defining user interfaces for new and existing features
- Immerse yourself in the world of life science to make sure that you understand how your product design solutions are helping scientists succeed
- Proactively drive cooperation in the design team to align on design strategy across all user-facing platforms and stay curious about the newest tools, processes, and trends
- A talented designer who has shipped excellent customer-centric products
- A great communicator who can express his/her thoughts well in English
- Able to tackle complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs that translate into concrete business results
- A strong track record and understanding of interaction design, visual design and user experience (minimum 3 years of experience)
- An outstanding portfolio demonstrating a customer-centered design approach, analytical problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Good prioritisation and time-management skills
- The ability to take ownership of design processes and work as self-directed member of the team
- Love to solve problems and be challenged
- Familiar with tools like Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD
Nice to have
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in an Interaction Design/UX-related field
- Experience working in an agile environment and cross-functional team set-up
- Experience in designing Voice User Interfaces
- A team with a great mission: Being part of our mission to help passionate and innovative scientists accelerate scientific discovery. A diverse team of experienced interdisciplinary colleagues including life scientists.
- Development: Our commitment to support your professional and personal development. Budget for seminars and conferences, internal training and onsite German courses. Science education, a small demo lab to enable everyone to understand our users better. Room for ownership, creativity, and cross-functional collaboration.
- Flexibility: Flexibility in work schedule, including home office. Meeting free Fridays to focus. 30 days of vacation, as long as you promise to take them all.
- Competitive salary.
- We want you to feel great here: A gym around the corner, healthy snacks. Really good coffee. And you will work in one of the best spaces in central Berlin. A beautiful garden, roof terrace, and grill for a nice evening. And an AC for very hot Berlin summer.