Senior Game Designer (m/f/div)
About Klang Games
KLANG IS A WELL-FUNDED ENTERTAINMENT STUDIO EXPLORING THE FUTURE OF HUMANITY THROUGH VARIOUS FORMS OF MEDIA. WE AIM TO PRESENT DEEP, MEANINGFUL SUBJECTS IN A WAY THAT’S CAPTIVATING, EASY-TO-DIGEST, AND ENTERTAINING FOR ALL AGES.
At the heart of Klang is Seed, a large-scale, persistent virtual world that we believe will redefine the MMO landscape and have a positive impact on our species.
We aspire to bring people together through engaging media experiences and by building strong communities.
Are you an experienced Senior Game Designer? Klang is looking for a Senior Game Designer who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment to join us in one of the most exciting cities on the planet!
- Create clear and concise design documents that fit into the game’s vision
- Communicate design objectives and strategies to multidisciplinary teams
- Work with teams to scope, estimate and plan features
- Collaborate with the design team defining the Seed design direction
- Work with external advisors coming from a wide range of fields
- Validate designs through user testing
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- You have 3+ years experience as a professional game designer
- Shipped at least one successful PC game in a similar role
- You have a great understanding of designing emotion from gameplay and what motivates players
- You are enthusiastic about game design processes and methodology
- You are experienced working in an agile development environment
- You have great communication skills and ability to work effectively with others
- Passion for gaming, preferably multiplayer, sandbox and simulation games
- Keen interest for/background in sociology/psychology/political sciences
- Knowledge of Unity
- Paper prototyping experience
- Familiarity with utility based AI systems
- An opportunity to work on a groundbreaking project from its inception with a lot of room for professional and personal development.
- Join a well-funded and growing gaming studio in the centre of Berlin-Kreuzberg
- Competitive salary and 27 days of paid vacation
- Flexible office hours
- Speak at and attend tech talks, meetups and gaming conferences
- Monthly public transport travel pass
- Free membership with Urban Sports Club
- Monthly team events and activities
- A dog-friendly office with standing desks and mobile aircon units for hot summers
- Well-stocked kitchen and free company lunches on Thursdays
- Relocation assistance and visa support
We explicitly encourage applications from applicants from groups underrepresented in games/tech spaces. We value all kinds of backgrounds and walks of life.