Senior Product Designer UX/UI (x/f/m) // Ecosia
Ecosia, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the world’s leading social businesses and the first B Corporation in Germany. As part of our mission to cultivate a more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable world, we want to reverse the tide of deforestation by planting a billion native trees. So far our 8+ million users have planted over 70 million trees. Our reach is expanding in all means and we are growing and planting worldwide.
We are looking for a passionate Product Designer to join us in Berlin and empower more people to experience the positive impact they can have by using Ecosia and planting trees! Do you want to become part of an inspiring team and shape a product used by millions of users?
What you’ll be doing
- Designing an intuitive, engaging user journey across products and platforms, from first discovering the product to becoming a highly engaged advocate
- Applying UX crafts like sitemaps, user flows, wireframes, information architecture and interaction design to help shape a product our users love
- Always striving towards a better understanding of the user perspective via qualitative and quantitative research
- Optimizing the user experience and conversion rates by running and evaluating tests
- Growing and applying a coherent, living design system, shared with other designers and developers
- Confidently presenting your ideas, designs and decisions – and then guiding them to realization
- Facilitating a collaborative process with key stakeholders including product managers, developers, designers, and BI among others, while iterating on and building new features
- You support and coach other Product Designers and you empower the whole design guild to bring design at Ecosia to a new level and to collaborate effectively
What you bring
- Heart that is beating for our users and our cause
- 5+ years of relevant work experience: You worked on mobile-first, web based, consumer facing products. Your work was in a fast-paced environment as part of a cross-functional team that applied agile methodologies
- Fluent in all aspects of product design, from user experience design to UI, interaction design and user research
- Proven ability to create and optimize an outstanding user experience through iteration. Constantly validating your design decisions with qualitative methods such as usability tests and quantitative such as A/B tests.
- Demonstrated experience in working with the tools you need to get the job done – Sketch, Photoshop, Principle, InVision are just a few of the tools we use
- Fluent spoken and written English (German not required)
- Respect and passion for our core values and the way we work
- Bonus: You worked in close collaboration with marketing teams before
What we offer
Work for a purpose!
- Instead of working for an additional million to your CEO’s annual bonus, you’ll add millions of trees for the planet you live on
- Your work will be used daily by millions of people across the globe
- Eco-activism is not expected, but fully supported by the company
Grow your expertise!
- Become a member of a diverse, highly-skilled, multi-functional team that’s eager to collaborate and change the world
- Opportunities and support for you to advance your professional growth like monthly learning days, hack days and free book policy
- Entrepreneurial environment open for your ideas and initiatives
Balance work with other sides of your life!
- Outstanding flexibility in terms of working hours and location
- Two no-meeting days per week, open for periods of remote work
Get compensated well and fairly!
- A fair compensation package that reflects your skills and experience
- Subsidized public transport ticket, gym membership or your green-electricity bill
- More perks like weekly team breakfasts, free vegetarian/vegan snacks, and drinks
We recognize that you may need further development in some areas, and we encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all of the requirements for the role. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical disability or length of time spent unemployed.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical disability or length of time spent unemployed.