Lead / Senior Product & UX Designer
Coffee Circle is the market leader in Europe for Specialty Coffee, driven by the mission to improve lives by delivering outstanding coffee. As a certified B Corporation company, we believe in using business as a force for good. In the past 10 years, we have been raising more than 2,5 Mio € which were invested into coffee communities around the world, improving the lives of over 200.000 farmers and their families.
Join us on our mission!
- Define the product design strategy and vision across our different products (B2C, B2C, offline)
- Lead our Product Design and Experience Team (currently two people) whilst keeping a hands on approach
- Maintain and develop our current design systems and processes for scale, both for online and offline experiences
- Drive the product development by supporting PMs in defining the product strategy
- Work in cross-functional teams throughout the entire product development process from research & discovery to delivery and monitoring of solutions
- Direct our user research and data understanding together with our User Researcher and Data Analyst
- Translate qualitative and quantitative data into opportunity areas to solve customer problems
- Lead internal workshops around ideation and customer journeys
- Design for growth based on a hypothesis driven and iterative approach to attract and retain customers
- Create users flows, prototypes as well as high-end deliverables
- Define and improve customer journeys
- Seize opportunities to design products that go beyond a screen (f.e. print products and packaging experiences) that improve the overall customer experience
- Report to our Head of Product and Experience and be part of our awesome Tech Team
- 4+ years experience in Product Design (UX/UI), additional experience in physical Product Design/Industrial Design or Print Design is a big plus
- Experience in people management
- BSc/MA in a Interaction Design, Product/Industrial Design or similar field
- Strong ability to think beyond the screen in terms of identifying and solving customer problems both online and offline
- Exceptionally strong skills in communicating and articulating design decisions as well as knowing when to “say no”
- Natural inclination to always think MVP first while keeping the bigger picture in mind
- Solid facilitation skills and experience in creating workshop formats for different stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial mindset, hands-on mentality, resourcefulness
- Data-driven decision making and analytical skills
- Experience of E-Commerce sector and food industry is a big plus
- Solid knowledge of current industry standard design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams
- In-depth knowledge of user research methods and when and where to apply them
- Ideally experienced in Print and Packaging design
- Fluency in English (required) and at least B2 German
How we work
- We focus on understanding and solving customer problems and strive to constantly improve our various customer journeys.
- We work in cross-functional teams organised around specific areas of the customer journey. These teams can also include stakeholders or non-tech disciplines e.g. Procurement or Customer Support.
- We set goals based on OKRs that are aligned with overall company goals.
- As Product Designer, you will report to our Head of Product and Experience and work closely with Product Managers, our User Researcher, Marketing and stakeholders from different areas.
At our core, we are a digital company which directly trades, roasts and sells coffee as well as coffee equipment from various partner brands. We offer the following opportunities to experience Coffee Circle:
- B2C e-commerce platform (our main product)
- B2B, for gastronomy and offices
- Retail (Cafés), for more people to get to know Coffee Circle offline
Our vision is to further connect these areas and offer customers the best possible experience around coffee – be it at home, in offices, in cafés or any other points of sale.
What we believe in
We are a purpose driven organisation. Growth for us means increasing our social impact in the coffee communities around the world and opening a new world of coffee to our customers. We are a unique zebra, not the next unicorn. We strongly believe in authenticity and compassion to build strong and innovative teams. We cultivate a humble and playful mindset to a never ending learning experience for our team.
No matter what’s your race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity – if the job descriptions resonates with you, we can’t wait to get to know you!
Your Coffee Circle Team
Important: to apply to this role it is required to submit your portfolio among your application documents or to add its link on your CV or Cover Letter.