Senior UX Designer (m/f/d) // ResearchGate
The web was created by scientists, to foster scientific collaboration and drive progress for a better world. Here at ResearchGate, we’re looking for a committed designer to join our team of passionate optimists and help us take the web back to its original mission.
We’re a team of passionate optimists from around the world and from many different backgrounds. Together, we focus on changing the way scientists communicate for the better.
We love what we do. We connect the world of science and make research open to all.
- Design that matters. At ResearchGate your input can help over 15 million scientists and researchers solve global challenges. Whether studying the first moments of our universe, developing innovative cancer treatments or tackling global warming, our users are making a real difference.
- Design at scale. We developed a cutting edge design system 3 years ago, which has allowed us to spend the last couple of years working on custom sketch plugins, handover tools and building up a strong design tooling department for you to work with.
- Data-driven design. Data is integral to everything we do at ResearchGate. From our outset, we have depended on tests and experiments to guide us. We don’t need to argue about the best solution, you can find it using advanced variant testing and data-driven insights.
- Have ownership. As a designer at ResearchGate, you’ll be given full UX ownership over key areas of our product. Your thinking, your processes, and execution will be key to the success or failure of new ideas.
To be successful in the role of a Senior UX Designer at ResearchGate folks will need to have:
- 4+ years of experience designing human-centered products, applications or services
- Expert knowledge of modern design and prototyping tools ie. Sketch, InVision, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Experience working with agile methodologies and processes
- Experience using data to inform their design process
What success means to us:
- In 3 months you’ll be able to work completely independently, creating experiments and using data to inform your design decisions
- In 6 months you’ll have full ownership of the UX a specific part of the product, helping make improvements to the lives of millions of scientists
- In 1 year you’ll actively facilitate the discovery and validation of new products and value propositions for researchers. You will be at the center of innovation in science
The UX Organisation brings together specialists in Design, Engineering, Copywriting, and Research who share a strong belief in the positive impact that ResearchGate’s 15 million users can have worldwide. In order to help our users connect with the people, research, and resources they need to advance their work, we strive to perfect the craft of collaborative, user-centric problem-solving.
- We work hard to create an environment of respect and mutual support that goes through everything from our focus on your development through to how we give feedback to each other.
- We understand that the capacity to innovate comes from our understanding of design thinking as a means to solve problems. Together, we’re constantly improving by refining our methods and processes.
- We believe in optimism and pragmatism. At ResearchGate, we share a hopeful, positive outlook on the future and the world around us. This attitude gives us the resilience to support each other in tackling some of the biggest problems in science.
- We see UX as a continuous process that is about learning from our users and each other. We believe true innovation is not achieved by individual designers or individual ideas but created by diverse teams and specialists from different fields working side by side.
ResearchGate was founded in 2008 by three friends who believed it was possible to connect all of the world’s scientists.
We started out with just a handful of members. By 2011, one million ResearchGate members discussed their research questions and shared advice in the then newly launched forums.
By 2015, four complete rounds of financing had fueled ResearchGate’s growth and investors included Benchmark Capital, Founders Fund, Bill Gates, Tenaya Capital, Goldman Sachs,Wellcome Trust, and Four Rivers Group.
Today, 15 million scientists connect on the network, collaborate, and share their research. They report on their research as it happens and get feedback to make progress faster. They post 500 questions and give 2000 answers daily. They find jobs that fit their interests and research profiles. They connect to universities and companies through advertising solutions.
We’re now closer than ever to fulfilling our mission to connect the world of science and make research open to all.
Our hiring process is uncomplicated. You’ll be interviewed by the people you’ll be working with, so we can quickly find the role that suits you best and lets you start making an impact straight away.
We’re located at the heart of Berlin, one of the most exciting cities in the world and a place where people from all walks of life feel welcome.