Web / UX Designer // Contentful
Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies including Spotify, Red Bull, WeWork, Lyft, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to manage content as part of their modern web stack.
Contentful is growing rapidly, backed by $80 million in funding from VC firms including Benchmark and General Catalyst, and strategic investors including Sapphire Ventures (SAP) and Salesforce Ventures.
We’re a fun team of more than 200 people from 44 nations, with offices in Berlin and San Francisco. Join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Contentful is looking for a UX-minded Web Designer to join their growing Website Team. In this role you’ll be the driving force behind the visual experience of our website, working to accelerate adoption and driving engagement. You’ll work collaboratively within a cross-functional, agile team alongside a lead Developer and a Product Owner to conceive, design, implement and test new ideas for our marketing website.
While owning the design direction and execution for Contentful.com, you will also have the opportunity to work with design leaders across the company, including UX researchers, and product and brand designers.
WHO YOU ARE
- You’re a true craftsperson who believes in the power of elegant and compelling design work.You’ll help our website develop and then strengthen a visual identity, creating beautiful designs for everything from pages to icons to buttons to forms that will be experienced across a range of devices
- You design with users in mind. Your designs aren’t just beautiful, they’re also persona-driven. You identify and improve user flows for specific segments and know how to encourage specific behaviors with a splash of color or inventive doodle
- You always think about your end-goal. Creating the world’s most beautiful buttons and icons are meaningless to you if they’re not helping our users convert or find what they’re looking for
- You know how to communicate and build out your ideas. After building and synthesizing a set of requirements with the team, you take your brilliant ideas through multiple rounds of lo-fi prototyping to assess their viability, tweaking and iterating along the way. You thrive on feedback and once you have the final prototype in hand, are ready to work with the team to define priorities and develop a release plan
- You’re speedy and resourceful but never compromise on quality. You care about the fine-grained details of interactions and micro-interactions but don’t let yourself get lost in the weeds: you know how to prioritize your workload and make the best use of your time in a team that likes to move fast.
- You can think and talk about the bottom line. You want qualitative and quantitative data on your finished work – you’re excited to be part of a team whose projects have a measurable impact on the company’s bottom line
- You’re also a dependable teammate. You’re ready to build up and take care of the visual assets library of the entire website in Sketch, to work transparently, and to collaborate cross-departmentally in our internal wiki
- You’re a continuous learner: if there’s something you’re not familiar with in the above job spec, you’re ready to hit the ground running to find out more about it
- 3+ years experience as a UX designer focused on end-to-end user experience for the web (desktop and mobile)
- Work samples that show evidence of design problem solving, UX strategy, user flows, wireframes, and modeling of user needs
- Past successes reviewing website analytics, observing and/or reviewing third-party qualitative findings, and applying them to improve user engagement and conversion
- Experience developing A/B testing plans and strategies and applying them in ways that increase website engagement and conversion.
- Experience working within an environment where coordination between roles is imperative
- Proficiency in design and prototyping tools such as InVision, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Experience using A/B testing tools (i.e., Optimizely)
- Experience with Agile/Scrum, or a willingness to learn
- Interaction Design (IxD) experience a bonus!
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team’s processes
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We’ll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the dayPlus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!