ANDROID DEVELOPER (M/W/D) // PANTAFLIX
We are PANTAFLIX, a 3-year old entertainment start-up from Berlin with technology and development at heart. We might be just a group of film enthusiasts with decades of film and production experience, yet we share a common vision of shaping global VOD consumption.
We are part of a bigger holding company, PANTAFLIX AG, that is focusing on film & content production, social media and movie distribution. Our parent company gives us the stability that allows us to focus on what we can do best: build amazing apps, architecture and develop great VOD platforms, where we showcase the freshest Hollywood studio content, a range of indie movies, European classics and more. Our other sister companies include production company, Pantaleon Films (creator of 8 box-office hits and Amazon Prime series), March&Friends online product placement experts, and branded entertainment agency, CC15.
To beef up our team we are looking for a motivated Mobile Developer. As one of our experts in the cross- functional and self-organized team, you will develop Android apps for the Google Play and Amazon App Store using mainly Kotlin and Java. You are a team player, product oriented and passionate about building best in class mobile experiences that are useful and delightful to customers and you‘re willing to contribute to a great architecture and broaden your knowledge in different fields.
RESPONSIBILITIES & GOALS
- Take responsibility for the PANTAFLIX Android and Fire based mobile applications with your team.
- Use your knowledge to bring in fresh ideas and collaborate with the product team about next steps.
- Implement new features and improve the apps user experience by increasing the performance, fixing bugs and ensuring stability.
- You play an important role in the design, planning and the development of important new features across our apps.
- Analyze and resolve technical problems in a fast and efficient way.
- Conduct code reviews and participate in regular stand-ups to ensure quality and alignment with regards to the bigger company vision and goals.
- Have a good time at work together with your colleagues.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a burning love for the Google and Amazon ecosystems and enjoy fancy apps.
- 3+ years of professional work experience in native development.
- Experience with Kotlin, Java, Gradle or eagerness to work with it and learn along the way.
- Wide knowledge of design patterns and software architectures.
- You have a passion for writing clean and easily-testable code.
- Familiarity with testing
- Keen to work with best-practice agile development methods and to increase the teams‘s efficiency with each release.
- You speak fluently English and have excellent communication skills.
- You are curious, explorative and open to trying new ways of working and learning.
- You are an excellent team player who believes great teamwork is at the heart of all good products.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A dynamic team with exciting personalities, passion for film industry and professionalism
- Opportunity to grow in a dynamic business environment
- An excellent and cozy working environment with flat hierarchies and a lot of flexibility in the heart of Berlin near Rosenthaler Platz
- High team autonomy and agile environment
Curious? Then send us your application, portfolio (PDF or webpage) and salary expectations TODAY! [email protected]