Who we are
If you are looking to have an impact on the world, then read carefully because at Choco, we are moving mountains to transition the world’s food systems to become more sustainable. The food industry is an industry with essential problems, especially in food-supply-chain. We leverage technology to build the digital platform on which the global food trade will operate. We have the potential to reduce complexity in the supply chain, decrease food waste by 30%.
In 2018 we entered the market with our chat-based ordering app and had drastically changed the way businesses work and order with their suppliers. Our founders have helped build companies such as Zalando (IPO’d), Lazada (sold to Alibaba) and Foodora (sold to DeliveryHero). We recently raised one of the largest Series A funding rounds in European history.
Technology is at the core of our work. We are product-minded builders, architects, coders, bug-hunters and designers. We deliver the needed change via our mobile and web apps using cutting-edge tools, modern engineering practices and always keeping software quality on our radar. Of course, it’s not only about working with top-notch tools but keep hiring excellent engineers too.
Join us in leading the world’s transition to sustainable food systems.
What you will do
Here at Choco, we like to use the space shuttle as a metaphor for our engineering work. Now, you will join and help us bring the shuttle to the moon. Our mobile app is one of the pillars of our business and we continuously work on making it stand out on the market. You will support your cross-functional squad to optimize and streamline order processing and systems integrations for suppliers while providing a great mobile experience for them.
- On a daily level you work with developers, product managers, designers, web engineers and QA and actively take part in product discussions. We will want to hear your ideas on how to make the app even better.
- From day one you will have a lot of trust, autonomy and responsibility. Most likely your code will be in production during the first week or two.
- You will create an engaging UI together with product designers and user experience researchers.
- You will improve our Android client, test, deploy and benchmark your own code and participate in code reviews.
- You will grow with your team to become an even greater engineer. We are happy to mentor share and listen.
Our tech stack that delivers our Android app:
Kotlin, RxJava, GraphQL, Git, MVVM, Clean architecture
What you will need to have an impact with us:
- Experience with modern design patterns such as MVP, MVVM, etc.
- Experience with RxJava, Coroutines and Architecture Components
- Proficient understanding of Git.
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with GraphQL
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- Applied knowledge of software engineering best practices and software development methodologies. e.g. Scrum
We invite you to take part in the following selection process:
- Introduction call: a Tech Recruiter will tell you more about Choco, our Tech Org and get to know your work, background, interests and you as a person better.
- Technical interview: our Android Chapter Lead will have a technical deep dive with you. No coding, no whiteboard here. We want to map your Android engineering fundamentals, knowledge or architectures, Android SDK, Kotlin and testing knowledge.
- Tech challenge at home: now is the time to show us your coding skills via a task from the comfort of your home. Our tech challenge models a simple Android app and it takes about 3-6 hours to complete.
- Interview with the team: a Team Lead and Product Manager will check your fit to the team and how you collaborate with the non-tech side of the organization.
- Cultural interview: our engineering manager will have a chat with you about our culture and checks what can be your non-technical contribution to Choco.
- OFFER: your interviewers will make a decision together regarding your offer.
- A stellar onboarding and the smartest team in the foodspace will be waiting for you ! 🚀
It’s your call now, apply and build great software with us!
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.