Software Engineer (Data Visualisation) // KAYAK
KAYAK is looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic, and fun loving Software Engineer to help develop a globally used internal product. Our team enjoys constantly iterating, designing, and coding our way around problems. We believe in giving developers the freedom to experiment and room to find solutions to problems that haven’t been noticed yet. If you are an experienced engineer who wants to help users improve their efficiency, we’d love to hear from you. We’ll even help you move to Berlin.
Join a self managed team responsible for visualization and reporting tools. Our stack consists of a React/Redux front end with a Python/Django web app backend. Roles include iterating on the UX, designing test plans, and coming up with new visualization features. We operate using a data driven approach, with good test coverage, code reviews, and open source publishing
- You implement backend features with Python/Django
- You design and implement a clean and efficient user experience
- You analyze users reporting needs and design features to meet these needs
- You connect to multiple database backends and transform datasets into visualizations
Desired Skills and Experience
- Our team is looking for multiple engineers at different levels of experience
- Self starter that enjoys taking responsibility for a feature
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math)
- Experience with React and Redux
- Experience with Python and Django is a plus
- Familiar with git or other source code versioning systems
- Knowledge of Relational Database and SQL queries
- Familiar with Docker, Atlassian Software, AWS, CentOS
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Willing to live in Berlin
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world’s leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK’s portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
Benefits and perks
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Annual education budget
- Free lunch catering three days per week
- Public transportation subsidies
- Free German classes
- Free Yoga classes
- Free massages from Wellnow
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc
- Regular team events and volunteering opportunities
- Sport teams (Football, Volleyball, Basketball)
- Flexible hours
- In-house gym facilities
KAYAK is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees – no matter their race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Whoever you are, just be you.