Back-End Engineer (m/w/d)
Piano’s Digital Experience Cloud empowers organizations to understand and influence customer behavior. By unifying customer data, analyzing behavior metrics, and creating personalized customer journeys, Piano helps brands launch campaigns and products faster, strengthen customer engagement and drive personalization at scale from a single platform. Piano recently acquired SocialFlow, a social distribution and monetization platform that is purpose-built for media companies. The technology enables the world’s most successful publishers to easily distribute engaging social content while providing them monetization opportunities from both advertising and subscriptions. Together, we enable our clients to optimize their content sharing on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and LinkedIn, with more to come. Headquartered in Philadelphia with offices across the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific, Piano serves a global client base, including Air France, the BBC, CBS, IBM, Kirin Holdings, Jaguar Land Rover, LinkedIn, Nielsen, The Wall Street Journal and more. SocialFlow by Piano is being developed in Berlin and SocialFlow clients are looked after by our team in New York. Piano has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing, most innovative technology companies in the world by the World Economic Forum, Red Herring, Inc., and Deloitte. For more information, visit piano.io.
We are looking for intermediate/experienced backend engineers that can innovate rapidly in the changing landscape of social media and join our team onsite in Berlin.
This role has the following responsibilities
- Create scalable API’s and daemons that power social media solutions for the biggest names in media;
- Work on software at scale. Our SocialFlow app is used by thousands of social media experts worldwide, our link resolver https://trib.al serves over a billion clicks per month, and our daemons send millions of posts out on social media per month for top publishers.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills
- Proficiency in Python;
- Experience working with relational databases (Postgres/MySQL);
- Experience with Amazon services, Lambda, Kinesis, DynamoDB, ECR, S3;
- Experience writing asynchronous services at scale;
- Experience working with external web API’s and developing backend web services;
- Linux Experience (we primarily use Debian);
- Fluent written and oral English is required.
Experience with the following is a plus
- AWS services;
- Experience with streaming data: ZeroMQ, Kinesis, Kafka;
- Prometheus/Grafana for instrumentation;
- Working in a multinational setup and with team members in different locations.
What we offer:
- exciting tasks and space for your ideas;
- collaborative and agile working culture with direct communication;
- Flexible Mobile working options;
- vibrant team culture locally and globally;
- extra budget and 3 days of paid exemption for your personal development;
- monetary amenities like stock options and jobticket-sponsoring.