Backend Developer (f/m/x) // Fraugster
Fraugster is a payment security company with the goal of eliminating fraud and increasing our customers’ profits. Over the last few years we’ve invented an artificial intelligence technology that combines human-like accuracy with machine scalability. This ability lets us foresee fraudulent attacks before they actually happen and gives us a distinct competitive advantage over every other player in the payment security space.
We’re already working with some of the most well-known payment and e-commerce companies in the world. Notable clients include companies like Ingenico, SIX Payments and others. Fraugster is backed by top tier investors and is currently managing billions of Euros for our clients.
We are searching for additional Backend Engineers (f/m/x) to join our Engine team. Together with other experienced developers, you are responsible for building and maintaining new API features as well as optimizing our code for performance and scalability. In cooperation with our Data Science and Analytics team you will enhance our data enrichment platform and implement custom algorithms to power the Fraugster AI engine.
The stack you will be working on consists of a set of distributed services which are all written in Go and communicate via gRPC, Etcd, Kafka and Postgres. All components run in a fully containerized environment on Kubernetes. One of our core components is an in-house developed in-memory database which provides high performance query operations for our scoring engine. You have the opportunity to work on a selection of challenging and diverse projects in an agile environment.
Skills & Requirements:
- Solid experience in statically typed programming languages (preferably Go)
- Good understanding of distributed systems and their challenges
- Experience in containerized environments (e.g. Docker)
- Not mandatory but a big plus is experience with benchmarking and profiling
- Our OS is Linux/MacOS and you should be comfortable on the CLI
- Fluent in spoken and written English
What we offer:
- The chance to join a growing team of industry experts with plenty of room to leave your mark
- The opportunity to strongly impact company strategy and growth
- Fun, creative and focused teams committed to learning and problem solving through collaboration
- Competitive remuneration
- Very modern and professional office environment
- Start-Up amenities (fruits, drinks, events etc.)
- Office located in the heart of Berlin
- Free use of Gym in the office building
We are looking forward to receiving your application!