Backend Developer (m/f/d)
We are looking for a Backend Developer (m/f/d/*) as a full-time position for our office in Berlin.
This can be your workplace:
Our vision is to be the standard for personalized audio by 2022, in a world where hearing loss is no barrier to sound enjoyment. We are developing a data-driven audio experience which tests your ears, protects them, and adjusts sound to match your unique hearing ability. Giving you the crisp, clear sound which you deserve.
The Mimi team is a diverse group of innovators with expertise in audio engineering, product development, business design, and communication. The origins of our team are deeply rooted in psychoacoustics. Our Hearing Test is the most accurate hearing test app in the App Store!
Joining Mimi means you‘ll help shape innovative products in an emerging market. We are a growing team of 60 learners, with regular team breakfasts, team building exercises, and our annual summer trip.
As a Backend Developer at Mimi you will:
- Take part in making early feature and technical design decisions
- Use excellent judgment when evaluating implementation strategies and technical trade-offs
- Not be afraid to make mistakes and teach other team members how to avoid them
- Write production code and code for internal and research use
- Write unit and integration tests and review lots of PRs
What we need from you:
- Readiness to take deep dives into our Typescript backend (some Python as well)
- Experience working with both SQL and NoSQL databases (ex. MongoDB, Postgres)
- Experience in working on scalable and distributed systems
- You are genuinely curious about how things work, always looking to improve code quality, development process, etc.
- Fluency in English with great communication skills
It would be great if you:
- Are experienced spinning up, provisioning, and maintaining servers (Ansible, Docker)
- Have experience with engineering practices like continuous delivery and automated testing
- Have worked before or have interest in Data Engineering technologies
- Don’t want to read ISO standards or MDR for medical certification – great!
- Want to work in Health related services (or move into that later) – great as well! At Mimi we have the liberty to choose our teams and one of them deals with making our products medically certified
- Have a BS/MS degree in computer science, engineering or a related study
- Are interested in audio, music, or sound
What you’ll get from us:
- An open, airy work environment in Friedrichshain, Berlin
- High degree of flexibility in organizing your work
- Be part of a culture which nourishes personal growth as the base for company growth
- Work together with an international and diverse team of domain experts
- Weekly company breakfast and dinners
- Modern working equipment plus plenty of audio perks and toys