Backend Engineer (f/m/d)
You’ll work on the backend of Hive, the operations brain for Direct To Consumer (DTC) brands.
→ You’ll join our growing engineering team (~10 people) to work on our Rails backend, powering both our customer-facing user portal and our Warehouse Management System.
Depending on which features you work on, you might:
→ build integrations to other e-commerce APIs, shipping providers, and other partners
→ Perfect the Warehouse Management System of the future – coming up with ways to make the user interface more intuitive, picking and packing more efficient, or enable better handling of the complex packaging and bundling needs of our clients.
→ Create a best-in-class web app for our clients – allowing them to see which items they need to reorder, put orders on hold, or give instructions for dealing with return shipments.
We know — sometimes, you can’t tick every box. We would still love to hear from you if you think you’re a good fit!
→ You’ve done this before. You’ve written complex applications and systems in Ruby on Rails before
→ Builder at heart. Creating from scratch excites you. Figuring out how to solve problems is one of your favorite activities. Building, scaling, and rapidly iterating upon software is what keeps you going
→ You care about quality. You champion and deliver rigorously tested, documented, and maintainable code — you know how much time it’ll save you down the line
→ It’s about systems. Perfect software is not the only thing — you care about the business impact of your products, and make trade-offs when necessary
→ You want to learn and grow. You want to grow personally and professionally, and you figure out which tools and technologies will help Hive grow
- You have experience with RSpec for writing specs
- You bring along deep knowledge of OOP and Test-Driven-Development
- Proven track record of implementing e-commerce integrations like Shopify, SendCloud, Billbee or WooCommerce
- Experience in building Warehouse Management Software (WMS)
- Join the Hive. Be part of a team of highly motivated and talented people who enjoy what they do and care about doing excellent work, while also having each others’ backs when the sh*t hits the fan.
- Work from anywhere. The tech team at Hive is remote-first, meaning that we hold almost all meetings via video-call. While many of us enjoy coming to the office to whiteboard or have a beer/club mate together, our remote-first setup allows us to work together with great people both inside and outside Berlin (as long as the timezone is within +/- 3 hours of Berlin).
- You’ll be valued. We are a tech-driven company, and our software is a large part of what sets us apart from the competition. Your contribution will be rewarded accordingly, as we offer attractive compensation packages (salary + equity).
- Take ownership and work close to the business. At Hive, you’ll be collaborating closely with teammates from operations or customer experience to discover together how best to solve our (and most importantly, our customers’) problems with code.
- Enjoy a high-quality developer experience. We recognise that keeping tech debt at sustainably low levels (by writing readable, maintainable, well-tested code) and enabling engineers to use their time effectively (by having user-friendly and fast CI and deployment pipelines, as well as proper monitoring and error logging) is an investment in our productivity and happiness.
- We’ll get you set up. New tech equipment that you need, IDEs, mechanical keyboards, screens, you name it — we want you to do your best work.
- There’s more! Enjoy flexible working hours, free drinks in our office in the heart of Berlin-Mitte, and join regular team events.
We provide logistics made for tomorrow.
Better e-commerce fulfillment — fast, transparent, and affordable.
We’re on a mission to digitize logistics for small- and medium-sized e-commerce merchants, enabling businesses to integrate their existing e-commerce stores with our warehousing solution within minutes.
Hive is logistics for the new age.
We question the conventional way of doing things and work on pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. Our team is focused on fundamentally changing the way e-commerce fulfillment is done and is striving towards creating the most advanced solutions in the logistics space, enabling our customers to grow even more.
User Experience is key.
We have lots of users: customers that use our platform, our operations team, supply chain partners, and anyone, who has a touchpoint with Hive. We care about the details. And we deliver products that users love.
We strive for continuous and sustainable growth.
We fail together, learn together, and win together. Learning and development are paramount to us.
The best part? We are just getting started.
Join us as we build a fantastic company together.