We are looking for a passionate and skilled Backend Engineer to join our team at IDAGIO.
The backend team is a group of experienced software engineers with a shared enthusiasm for music and technology, and all the magic that happens in between. We build and maintain IDAGIO’s backend tools and processes to ensure a good experience for our users.
At IDAGIO, we value trust, openness, and curiosity. We love to take initiative and get out of our comfort zone to get things done. We believe that a group of caring, interested, respectful humans is the best recipe for a great product, and we can’t wait to welcome you to the team. If you want to know more about our team go here or check out our Medium blog.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Design and implement systems for the administration of our vast catalogue of classical music metadata.
- Work with a team of classical music and technology experts to build and maintain the backend components that enable IDAGIO to present the richest and most elaborate catalogue of classical music.
- Set up pipelines for automatic and semi-automatic ingestion of classical music and its metadata as provided by all major players in the music industry.
- Build and maintain sustainable APIs for use by in-house and third-party clients.
- Collaborate with other teams like product, UX and content to implement features, and take an active part in developing our roadmap.
EXPERIENCE AND PERSONALITY TRAITS WE FIND RELEVANT FOR THIS POSITION
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Heroku), databases (PostgreSQL and Elasticsearch), and operations.
- A background in, or passion for, classical music is a big plus.
- Bonus points if you have experience with data processing frameworks like Spark, Flink, or Google Dataflow.
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
- An international team with diverse backgrounds and extensive experience in both classical music and digital products.
- A friendly and purpose-driven working atmosphere in our office in Berlin Kreuzberg.
- The opportunity to contribute directly to the success of our evolving product.
- Flexible working hours, occasional remote work and your choice of tools and hardware.
- A competitive salary and a yearly education budget.
- A Steinway Model D for you to sharpen your piano skills.
- Berlin is a beautiful city with a lot to offer. We’re happy to help with your visa process and can answer your questions around relocation.
“This startup is set to revolutionize classical music” – Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung
Classical music connects people all over the world, transcending culture, race, and generation to inspire and evoke thoughts and emotions in a powerful way. Our vision is to enrich people’s lives through classical music. That’s why we are building a streaming service that caters to the unique depth and complexity of the genre – with the goal of making classical music as accessible as never before.
We work with all major and specialized record labels around the globe and maintain close relationships with the world’s leading artists and musical institutions. Among them great orchestras such as the Vienna Philharmonic or iconic artists like Thomas Hampson.
IDAGIO is available to music lovers across the globe. Physically we are rooted in Berlin and we consider the German-speaking countries our home base, in the same as the world perceives them as the cradle of classical music.