Backend Engineer Java (m/f/d)
Bonial.com is part of Axel Springer SE and is one of the leading “Drive to Store” marketing partners in Europe and South America. Every day we inspire millions of shopping-savvy customers by bringing them together with their favourite brands and shops via our apps “kaufDa” and “Mein Prospekt”.
More than 1,500 business customers, including brands such as MediaMarkt & Netto, rely on our data-based marketing solutions to market their offerings digitally in the best possible way to efficiently increase their customer reach.
Are you a curious coder? Do you thrive in a collaborative environment where you are constantly learning and growing? Do you love to dabble in new technologies and are continually searching for ways you can improve your code base, processes or skill set?
Then we are just the team for you! The Relish Team at Bonial is in charge of all integrations of backend systems from content creation right through to delivery via APIs. We are looking for a Backend Engineer in the API team to work with the teams dedicated to client traffic, APIs, search and recommendation engines.
As a Backend Engineer in our team, you’re ensuring our components keep on talking to each other, which means in particular:
- Playing an active role in the development of high-traffic, real-time, delivering geo-located content to online applications and surrounding ecosystems
- Being an active driver of refactoring and scaling
- Checking API’s compatibilities and unifying them
- Gaining experience programming in Java 11, Python, Kotlin, and Groovy
- Exploring technologies like Springboot, Elasticsearch, Kubernetes, Redis, AWS and Terraform
- Building a system in the spirit of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Working on our content delivery system, the search engine and the maintenance of them
What you should bring (ideally):
- A passion for Backend development, that goes without saying
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, information systems and/or equivalent work experience
- Proficient experience with Java, Springboot and Hibernate
- Hands on in microservice architecture, Docker and cloud environments is a plus
- Knowledge of with Elasticsearch DB is a big plus
- Background in working in an agile software development team
- Independence, dedication and ability to deliver production ready (and clean) code
- The ability to work independently, responsibly, accurately and reliably
- Fluency in English (German is not required)
Keep in mind that this is just an ideal requirements’ list; we look for potential!
What we offer:
- An international team with a lot of personal responsibility and career opportunities
- Budget for your personal development from seminars to workshops and more…
- Home office and flexible working hours – we got your back
- A gym directly in the office and a subsidy for your Urban Sports membership
- A room for children and families, if your Kita bails on you or is closed
- Weekly networking events
- A modern, air-conditioned office with roof terrace, barbecue, barista coffee machine and view of the greenery
If you think you could fit the bill, we’d love to hear from you!