Backend Engineer (m/f/x)
We are looking for ambitious, forward thinking self-starters to join our aspiring and international company, who can keep up with our pace and want to make a difference as a:
Backend Engineer (m/f/x)
from now on
Travelcircus is seeking a Backend Engineer (PHP) to join the development team. We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about building robust & scalable technology platforms, systems and APIs. You’ll be an integral part of the engineering team and will work closely with others throughout our company to deliver the best possible product to our customers. Ideal candidates will have profound experience with PHP, API development and Service-Oriented Architectures. This position is full-time and based in our great office in Berlin.
Things you will work on:
- Building and extending our Platform Services and Booking Systems
- Designing, developing, and maintaining a robust transactional API platform, that will be used internally and directly by 3rd parties
- Participating in code reviews and pair programming
- Improving our existing platform codebase which is used by tens of thousands of users on a daily basis
- Addressing bugs and performance issues
What we offer:
- FLEXIBLE WORKING HOURS thanks to part- and flexitime models as well as remote work
- ATTRACTIVE WORKING ENVIRONMENT in a stylish loft office with a start-up flair, daily cooking together, fun & solidarity in a varied work environment as well as regular team events
- TRANSPARENT COMMUNICATION through flat hierarchies, fixed feedback cycles and weekly company and team meetings
- OPTIMAL CAREER OPPORTUNITIES through an extensive onboarding program and individual induction as well as continuous on-the-job training
- FREE DRINKS & SNACKS such as coffee, tea, water, mate, beer, soft drinks, juices & fruit and much more.
- SUBSIDY & DISCOUNT for the BVG company ticket (local public transport) as well as discounts from over 800 other providers
- PERSONAL TRAVEL BUDGET in the amount of € 1080 per year freely available on our entire product portfolio
- WORK LIFE BALANCE with up to 30 days vacation entitlement as well as company health management and pension provision
- Experience building web applications and distributed web services
- Knowledge of PHP / OOP, relational databases and data modelling
- Good understanding of SQL and the ability to write and debug queries
- Experience with Linux/macOS command line
- Experience using message queues and Elasticsearch is a plus
- Strong visual, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in Agile environments
Do you still have questions or do you want to apply immediately?
Can you recognize yourself? If yes, send your application including motivation letter, CV, desired salary and next possible entry date addressed to Johanna Goller via our online application form: https://travelcircus.jobs.personio.de/job/394665?_pc=446609#apply
Don´t miss the chance to be part of the Travelcircus team very soon!
Johanna Goller (Teamlead HR)
+49 (0) 152 – 041 803 48
Travelcircus (www.travelcircus.de) is a fast growing online booking platform giving people the ability to book premium, quality checked and unique hotels packaged with hotel services and exciting local activities at an exclusive price. Founded in 2014, in the heart of Berlin, Travelcircus already accommodated more than 700.000 travelers from 20 different countries and we continue to grow substantially.
We explicitly declare that we welcome any person regardless of nationality or ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual identity.