Mitte is on a mission to provide healthy hydration for every body. Having created the world’s first smart water system inspired by the natural water cycle, we are driven to reinvent the way water is consumed globally. Our solution allows users to create personalized mineralized water at home, giving them control over their drinking water while minimizing plastic wastage.
We’re proud to be climate neutral!
It’s an exciting time to join Mitte. As we move closer to our launch date, we are looking for a Backend Engineer to join our team. With your experience, eagerness to learn, and passion for problem-solving, you will help to strengthen our Software Team as we prepare our digital ecosystem for the 1.0 release of the product. You will help us build our back-end by managing data from our IoT devices, enhancing communication between the machine and app, and developing key features of the Mitte software ecosystem.
Join our amazing team in Berlin and help us bring Mitte to the world!
Our Technology Stack:
- Golang Backend
- Serverless AWS Stack
- Develop the backend architecture and implement architectural decisions and guide the direction of future development.
- Responsibility for the design, implementation, and release of tools and features
- Ensure systems and features are created with potential migration to other systems later down the line
- Integrate our hardware and the data they generate into our ecosystem (MQTT etc.)
- Work embedded in an interdisciplinary, agile development team and collaborate with colleagues from content, design, marketing, and sales teams as well as external stakeholders/partners.
- Conduct high-quality code reviews
- You have experience developing back-end systems in Golang in the production
- You have deployed applications on Serverless architecture on a major cloud provider like AWS, GCP, or Azure
- You aim for clean software architecture and are able to keep complexity and technical debt low
- You like working in a fast-paced team and applying pragmatic solutions to evolving product requirements
- Strong analytical thinking and innovative problem-solving skills round up your profile
- You enjoy working in an agile environment
- Previous experience in the IoT industry or interest in IoT and hardware development.
- You have experience using CloudFormation to deploy applications on AWS
- You have built REST API’s to support mobile applications
- You are familiar with MQTT
Our culture and values are central to Mitte’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We encourage everyone to bring their true selves to work. In addition, you can expect:
- Competitive salary and shares in the company
- Flexible working hours
- Regular team events
- A flexible learning budget of 1,000 EUR per year
- Subsidized German classes
- A modern office space with a roof terrace in central Berlin
- A Membership for Urban Sports Club
- 28 vacation days
- Flexible work: aside from regular working from home, post-COVID you can work from anywhere in the world 3 months a year
- The ultimate home office setup: we’ll help with home office furniture and equipment, plus you’ll get a home office bonus so you have the best setup possible