(BI) Specialist for predictive analytics
We are looking for someone with extensive knowledge in the field of predictive analytics who will help us to build a model to forecast the success of movies & tv shows.
We love challenging goals. We question everything. We are always learning and we are excellent in execution. We believe in the 80/20 rule and try to apply common sense and pragmatism to everything.
To be considered for the role, please send your CV together with your motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to your full application that gives us an exact idea of what motivates you, why you want to work at JustWatch and how you relate to our core values.
Who we are looking for:
- We are looking for an expert who has a passion for movies and tv shows and who is eager to build a predictive model to forecast the performance of movies & tv shows on streaming services
- You do not only like to gather insights from historical data but you are also passionate about predicting the future from this data in general
- You are able to apply data, statistics, machine learning, and common sense to predict future behavior
- You own a results-driven, pragmatic mindset, you know how to cope with imperfect data sets
- Develop and iterate a model that uses extensive survey data and/or correlation data to predict how many streamers will actually watch the more or show in the end
- Help develop an extensive benchmarking system for our surveys that spans multiple platforms and employ statistical methods to gain insights from survey results
- Make sure we gather the right data points needed to achieve this, loop feedback into our survey team
- Setup and implement the tooling environment
- You have a solid understanding of SQL. You read and “speak” it without problems
- Solid knowledge of statistics e.g. population vs sample, credible interval vs confidence interval, bootstrapping, how to test hypothesis
- Hands-on experience with data modelling/prediction techniques and tools:
- Techniques: unsupervised and supervised Machine Learning, clustering methods, predictive models, outlier detection, sentiment analysis
- Tools: Python (preferred) or R, sklearn, XGboost, pandas
- Experience with data visualization tools and suits. E.g., Google Sheets / MS Excel, Google Data Studio, Looker, Redash, PowerBI
- English (professional working proficiency)
Sounds like you? Great, we’d like to meet you. Just send us a short mail that gives us an idea of what motivates you, why you want to work at JustWatch and how you think you will help us achieve our goals. We are not interested in a perfect CV or letters of recommendation. We just want to know who you are and who you want to become!
Apply now to email@example.com! We are very much looking forward to meeting you.