About Donut 🍩
At Donut, our mission is to empower billions of people with access to a permissionless financial ecosystem, irrespective of wealth or knowledge.
We believe in 10 years from now, everything from real estate, classic cars to art will take a tokenized form, and that anybody can benefit from investing in a decentralized future today. To that end, we’re creating intuitive, experience-driven software to make digital assets accessible, for all.
Today, over 3,000 individuals are using our app to invest their spare change in Bitcoin and earn real-time interest on savings through DeFi. We’re looking to take Donut to the next level, offering more functionality across a wider range of assets to help users leverage DeFi to reach their financial goals.
We’re building a world-class team based in Berlin, Germany and Los Angeles, USA to propel Donut’s disruption of the personal finance space. We raised $1.9M led by Redalpine (investors in N26, TaxFix), Tiny VC and Entrepreneur First and recently launched our product on the App Store.
If you are looking to work at a well-financed start-up with a life-changing product and share in the benefits of the company’s success, Donut could be the next step on your adventure. We’d love to hear from you.
Who we are looking for
We’re looking for a CTO, who will work closely with the CEO, to deliver a shared Technical Vision which is aligned with the product roadmap. You’ll have the opportunity to play a key role in shaping the product and also the growth of the engineering team. You’ll be involved with architecture and a product that will change the way millions of people think about their finances. Your prime responsibility will be:
- Managing product technical roadmaps and dependencies to minimise technical debt
- Championing knowledge sharing, cultivate learning and avoid knowledge silos in the team
- Demonstrate healthy modern engineering practices through writing clean, tested and well-written code with the team, shipping it into production on at least a daily basis
- Be involved in recruitment and employer branding projects to help make our engineering team stronger
We’d love to talk to you if
- You have a genuine interest in crypto and decentralized finance
- Ideally, you have had experience working with a FinTech or business that handles large money flows
- You have significant software engineering experience in one or more general purpose programming languages, ideally with Golang or React Native
- You have previous experience leading an engineering team or a group of engineers as a servant-leader, ideally in a higher leadership role
- You are a genuine and humble person 😀
What we offer 👍
- Our team is standout: here, you’ll get to work with a brilliantly forward-thinking team every day
- By joining our Bakery as an early employee, you have unrivalled autonomy and ownership of engineering at Donut
- The opportunity to work with the most modern tech stack (Golang, Postgres, React Native, GraphQL, Typescript, k8s)
- The tools you need to do your job: your choice of laptop, productivity software (we’re loving Notion & Linear at the moment) and desk set-up
- A learning and development culture with our own ‘Donut Library’ and bi-weekly talks on topics from sailing, blockchain protocols, to engineering
- A significant equity package—as a key individual, we’ll reward you well for driving our product forward
- Dog-friendly office— we’re loving Cooper & Kayla at the moment! 🐶
- And of course, vegan donuts!
You belong here 🌈
- At Donut, we are colour-blind. Here, everyone is accepted, included and celebrated, irrespective of their sexual orientation, culture, gender, religion, or the absence of any of these things
- We are a big fan of diversity, and what we cherish even more, is inclusion
- We encourage people without degrees to apply: we believe what you’ve worked on and achieved is way more important (if you could include your GitHub profile or a link to your portfolio that would be awesome!)
- This position is a full-time role in Berlin, working closely with the team and CEO
- We are a remote-friendly organization, so if you prefer working a few days from home, that’s fine too!
- We’ll consider exceptional individuals who are not based in Berlin on the basis that they can spend a minimum of 3 months with the team in Berlin
- We’ll also cross the oceans for you, and that includes sponsoring visas and work permit if you need to relocate to Germany